Pauline Bench Caffey

03/23/1934 ~ 12/17/2012

“Gone Home for Christmas”
FAIRVIEW, UTAH—Pauline Bench Caffey, 78, passed away December 17, 2012 peacefully at her home in Fairview.
She was born March 23, 1934, in Fairview: to Urban and Wilma Bench. She married Donald Caffey September 12, 1953. Together they had two children, Hayden and Rischa.
Pauline loved singing, playing the piano, going to DUP meetings, fishing, going for rides on the mountain and her yearly birthday trip to Wendover but she especially loved visits from her family and friends. Pauline was the ultimate wife, mother, grandmother, great grandmother and friend. Mom was our family’s rock, always wanting to know how you were doing and if you needed anything even when she wasn’t feeling well herself.
She is survived by her son, Hayden (Collene) Fairview, 6 grandchildren, 17 great grandchildren and 1 soon to be great great-grandchild. Survived also by her brother Doug (Karen) Bench, West Jordan UT and many nieces, nephews and extended family.
She was preceded in death by her husband Donald, daughter Rischa, father Urban, mother Wilma, grandson Jarod, brother’s Ed and Gail and nephew Dougie. The family would like to thank all who work for Hospice they all treated mom with great care, total respect and was there when we needed them the most.
Funeral services will be held at 12 p.m. Friday, December 21, in the Fairview LDS church at 100 East 100 North. Friends may call Thursday, December 20, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Rasmussen Mortuary 96 North 100 West Mt. Pleasant Utah and
Friday morning from 10:30 to 11:30 prior to services at the church. Interment will be in the Fairview City Cemetery.

9 Responses to “Pauline Bench Caffey”

1. Kelli Bench says:

To all of our family, our Rock has gone home to God, but lets all remember all of our good times as a family and lets do our best to stick together and remain a family. I love each and everyone of you forever and always. Kelli

2. Nancy (Sharp) Shelton says:

Aunt Pawnie, was the rock of the family, knew each and everyone of us by name and knew all of our children.
    She never spoke a bad word about anyone and always had a special love for everyone!
    She will be missed and her memory will live on for a long time.
    Love you Aunt Pawnie!
    Hayden and Family, know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers! Love to each and everyone of you always! Nancy

3. Oleah Mower says:

What a special lady Pauline was. I worked with her at Recovery Services years ago but knew her for many years before that. She was always thinking of the other person and never of herself. She was so fun to be around and had a laugh that one could not forget. Many good memories I have of her and Donnie.

4. melanie Painter Haering says:

Colleen and Hayden. My thoughts and prayers are with you at your time of loss. I miss you guys.

5. Larry & Denise Cone says:

Hayden & Colleen,
    So sorry for your loss. Hayden you have been a good son to take care of your Mom and we know you will miss her. Our prayers are with you and Colleen and the rest of your family. We both think of you often and and miss seeing you.

6. Mike & Sandy Paulsen says:

Hayden and Colleen, Sandy and I are sorry for you loss. We send our prayers and condolences to you at this difficult time, you are in our thoughts. Love Mike & Sandy

7. Ryan Nordell says:

Hayden my friend, I am so sorry for your loss. I know what your mom meant to you and God bless you for helping her throught the last few years. I miss our chats and I hope you are doing well!!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Nordell

8. Thomas A. Cook says:

To all of the family my prayers are with you all. She will be missed so.

9. ElvaWwu says: