Drake Gideon Cox

05/04/206 – 12/22/2012

Drake Gideon Cox 6 of Fountain Green, UT passed away December 22, 2012 from injuries incurred in a sledding accident. Drake was born May 4, 2006 in Nephi, UT to Curtis William and Samantha Jo Nielsen Cox. He was welcomed into the family by his brother Gage McCoy Cox. Drake is very affectionate and remarkable boy with a witty sense of humor. Drake loves school and playing with his brother, cousins and friends. Drake and Gage are inseparable and are always together. His favorite times are spent with his family, birthdays and holiday celebrations and liked to ask “who’s coming to the party?” Family movie nights are always a special occasion that has to include popcorn. He loves his Mohawk hair cut and when mom combs it different, he says it looks goofy and changes it back. He loves to help his mom and dad, he says everyday, “This is the best day ever!” Everyday with Drake is the best day ever! He enjoys the vacations to Disneyland and the beach in California, swimming and spending time with his family. Drake loves collecting things and wrapping them, giving them as gifts with attached notes saying “I Love You.” Survived by his parents, Curtis William Cox and Samantha Jo Cox, Fountain Green, UT; brother, Gage McCoy Cox, Fountain Green, UT; grandparents, Jay and Julie Nielsen, Moroni, UT; Jill Nielsen, Murray, UT; Mark and Cheryl Cox, Moroni, UT; great grandparents, Earl Nielsen, Moroni, UT; Buford and Ellie Scott, Luling, TX; Blanche H. Cox, St. George, UT; Joyce Alder, Manti, UT; many aunts, uncles and cousins. Preceded in death by great grandparents, Dorothy Nielsen; Elliott Cox; Lyle Alder. Funeral services will be Thursday December 27, 2012 at 12:00 noon in the Moroni LDS Stake Center. Friends may call Thursday from 10:00-11:30 a.m. at the church prior to services. Interment in the Fountain Green City Cemetery.

49 Responses to “Drake Gideon Cox”

1. Anonymous says:

My heart aches for all of you. I am so sorry for the loss of this little boy. If there is anything that we can do, please let us know. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
    Melinda Thatcher and family

2. Tod and Cathie Beesley says:

Our hearts are broken for your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. As parents and grandparents of Drake you have all given him a wonderful life. May God bless you during this tragic time.

3. Sam and Marcy Curtis says:

Cox Family,
    Our hearts are so broken for your family. Our boys thought Drake was the coolest kid with his Mohawk! He was always so happy and had such an amazing smile. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all!
    Sam and Marcy Curtis, Fairview

4. Herm and Kelly Olsen says:

We are so sorry for your loss… My heart is broken for you guys. Please know that we are here for you guys anytime of the day… We love you guys. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time in need…

5. Darryl & Debbie Peel says:

We are so sorry for your loss…word’s cant express how much. May God bless all of you.

6. Maria Aagard and family says:

Dear Cox and Nielsen Families,

I am so sorry to hear of the heartbreaking loss of your sweet son and grandson, Drake. May you feel the love of the Lord at this difficult time. Our prayers are with you.

Maria Aagard and Family, Nephi

7. Brandon & Julianne Olson says:

Curtis, Sammy & Gauge, it is unimaginable what you are going through. You are in our prayers, may the Lord carry you and your families through this difficult tragedy. May He flood you with tender mercies.

8. Jason & Sabrina Olson says:

We are so very sorry to hear of your tragic loss of your beloved son, please know you all are in our thoughts and prayers, please let us know if we can do anything for you. God Bless you and your family.

9. Dennis and Kaye Watson says:

So sorry to hear of your great loss at this special time of year! We hope that you may yearn to live so that you and your family are together forever, as we all should be doing.

10. pauline madsen edmunds says:

you have my sympathies at this time .

11. Stacey Goble says:

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

12. The Jensen's says:

Curtis, Sammie, and Gage,
    Words cannot express how sorry we are for your loss. I wish I could take your pain away. Our thoughts and prayers are always with you. We love you guys.
    Jared, And Elizabeth Jensen

13. Lance & Catherine Zobell says:

Sammy,Curtis and Gauge we are so saddend by loss of your son Drake. You are in our prayers may the lord watch over you and help you through these hard times.
    Your friends and neighbors Lance & Catherine

14. Jerime and Abby Ivory says:

I remember telling Sammie at the beginning of this school year how Jackson wanted a Mohawk just like Drake’s and I wasn’t doing it correctly and I needed to talk to his mom to find out how she does it. Will try once again Thursday to make a great Drake Mohawk hairdo for Jackson. We are thinking of your family often and will continue to recount great memories of Drake in our house. – Jerime, Abby and Jackson Ivory

15. Karole Anderson says:

My heart breaks for you during this difficult time. I can’t stop thinking about you and your sweet family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

16. Alan & Shalmarie Morley says:

We are so saddened for the loss of your sweet son and wish we could somehow take away your pain. May the Lord bless and comfort you this difficult time and the difficult times that lie ahead. It is very apparent that he had a wonderful life with loving parents and a big brother to look up to along with loving grandparents and family so close. You are in our hearts and prayers. Alan & Shalmarie Morley

17. Cherrie DeMill Servey and family says:

We are so sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

18. Daniel and Jody Green says:

We are so sorry for your loss, we hope that you know that you are in our prayers each and every night. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

19. Anonymous says:

I am deeply saddened by your loss. What an adorable boy Drake is. I have no words to ease any of your pain, only hope that knowing even strangers are thinking of you and your family during this unfair and insurmountable loss brings a sense of comfort.

20. .George and Carole Jackman says:

Our Prayers and thoughts are with you.

21. Holly Jones and Vincent family says:

Dear Nielsen and Cox families we are so saddened to here of the loss that you are experiencing we love and cherish you all so much.Please know how you have touched others lives and brought such light to them you are extremely wonderful people and we send love and peace your way.

22. Todd & Leah Anderson says:

Dear Curtis, Sammie, & family. We are so shocked and saddened by the loss of your precious little one. Please know you are in our hearts and prayers. I wish there was something we could say or do to ease your pain. Know that you don’t mourn Drake alone. He was such a sweet little boy and was just too perfect for this world. All our love and condolences.

Todd & Leah Anderson

23. Kammy Edmunds says:

Sammie, I am so very sorry for your loss. I can not believe that this horrible tragedy has fallen on your beautiful family. What a beautiful little angel he is. If there is anything that I can do for you, please dont hesitate to let me know.

24. Arlene Bassett says:

My heart is broken for you. I lost my son when he was six years old. I know that sorrow and I have been crying today for you and your family. I know you will treasure all the memories of him every day. Special hugs to Gage. Sending my love to you, Sammie.

25. Kevin Madsen says:

Curtis and Sammie, it is unimaginable what you are going through, words can’t express how sorry I am for you. I love you guys and will continue to pray for you. Guage, I hope you can find comfort knowing that Drake is with Jesus and is still a happy boy and will continue to be with you in spirit. Sincere Condolences
    Kevin Madsen

26. Kim and Cal Nielson says:

Sammie and Curtis,
    We are so heart broken for you. Drake was a little ray of sunshine. Please know we are here if there is anything you need. Your family is in our prayers.
    Love,
    Kim and Cal

27. Scott Mellor says:

I am 50 years old and have seen a lot, the good,bad, and incomprehensible. I wish I had never seen this. Healing will come faintly at first, and not completely in this life. Some quick decisions were made in his behalf . I felt helpless. I hope those decisions were right. All were with good intent. I am very sorry for your loss now.

28. Barbara & John Warner says:

Dear Sammie,
    Since I heard the new’s about little Drake I cann’t get you
    out of my mind and heart. From the first day I met you at
    work Sammie I knew that you were someone special and some that I really liked you had the sweetest smile, I loved to hear you laugh and you make people feel so good. One thing that I noticed is what a good mother you are to your boys, how they always looked so nice and were always happy. Sammie
    I only wished I had anweres but I don’t just friendship and
    and love for you and plenty of it anytime you need it. Keep strong like I know that you will. love, Barbara W

29. Mike & Karla Price says:

Sammie, Curtis, Gage,
    I am heartbroken for your loss. Your sweet family is strong and will always feel Drake close by. Peace be unto you. I will be better about keeping in touch. Barb and I will get together and see you when you are ready.
    love you,
    Karla

30. Mark Meservy says:

Dear Cox Family,

I was saddened to hear the news of the passing of your son Drake. I didn’t know him, nor do I know your family, but he sounds like a special young man and I pray you will feel of the comforting influence of the Lord and his spirit in the days ahead. You will be blessed to be equal to this great challenge.

The following statement is one that I have found great comfort in and I hope it will be of help to you as well:
    “May I say for the consolation of those who mourn, and for the comfort and guidance of us all, that no righteous man is ever taken before his time In the case of the faithful saints,
    they are simply transferred to other fields of labor ”
    — Joseph Fielding Smith —

I’m sure you will face some difficult days ahead, but I also hope you will find comfort in the thought that your son is indeed alive and mindful of you as you are mindful of him and you will have the opportunity to see him again.

You are in my prayers,
    Mark Meservy

31. Dave and Lynn Hill says:

We are so sorry for your loss. May the Lord be with you in thedsays ahead.. May you have the strength to be strong.. We will pray for you and your family. God please bless this family at this time of need and comfort.. Until you meet again…

32. Kate Carney says:

I am so very sorry for your loss at this time of year. Hopefully knowing that Drake is with Jesus and that you will see him again will comfort you. May God give you the strength to be strong during this very trying time. Hug Gage extra hard.

33. Shawn Aime says:

Curtis and Samantha,
    Words can’t express how sorry we are for your loss. I wish we could make it to his services. Please know you and your family are in our hearts and prayers.

Love,
    Shawn and Lindsay Aime

34. Jamie Cox Bahlmann says:

My heart is broken for you two. My parents told me about the accident. I have a six year old son as well. I can’t imagine what you are going through. I am so sorry. Love you Curtis and and Sammie.

35. The Kelander Family says:

Wishing I knew how to comfort you today… all I have is love and prayers. I am thinking about you and praying God comforts you and your family.

36. Darrell & Amanda Oldroyd says:

Curtis, Sammie & Gage,
    We love you all very much. We are so sorry for this to happen to your family. We love Drake aswell as the rest of you. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Trey misses him dearly and will always be there for Gage.
    Love the Oldroyds

37. Ken & Linda Jensen says:

Curtis, Sammie & Gage,
    There are no words for anyone to say to help you at this time. Just know that many thoughts and prayers are being offered in your behalf, and will continue to be offered for a long time to come. We all wish we could take your heartache away. Please know that we care.
    Ken & Linda Jensen & Family

38. Adrian Kjar says:

Cox Family,

Sorry for your loss, you are in our prayers.

Adrian and Serene Kjar

39. Brandon and April Jacobson says:

Curtis, Sammy and Gage,

We are so sorry for your loss. What a cute little guy. You are in our prayers and we hope you find some comfort and peace.
    The Jacobsons

40. Joy Seely says:

Curtis & Sammie, Cox & Nielson Families,
    No one can even attempt to know the hurt and loss that you are feeling now, and I am so sorry. Just try and put a picture in your mind of your precious little guy running and playing with all the other little children in Heavenly Fathers house. If he can’t be with you where else would you rather have him be but with Our Heavenly Father. I hope and pray that your heartache will be lightened. I send my love to you all.

41. Kelly Swallow says:

Sammie,

I only spent a short time with you, but could tell how much your family meant to you. I am so sorry for your loss and the unimaginable pain you are going through. Please know that so many people are thinking of you and your family and praying for you.

42. Gerald Zabriskie and family says:

May you know that so many people are saddened of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time and always. What a precious cute little guy. May the Lord bless you and all of your family.

43. Jim and Kathy Ericksen says:

Dear Family Members,
    We are heart broken for all of you at this time. We know how precious little Drake was to your family, and we are sure he brought so much joy and happiness to you. We send our love and deepest sympathy to you. We pray that the Lord will carry you through this most difficult time and that he will be with you always.

44. Brandon & Mindy Brothersen says:

Curtis & Sammie,
    We are so sorry for the loss of your sweet little boy. Words cannot express the pain we feel for you and your family right now. Words are just not enough. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

45. Diana Cowan & Family says:

Curtis & Sammie,

Although I never knew Drake personally, with parents like you I am sure he was one very well liked little guy and will be truly missed. Sorry for the pain and sorrow you are going through. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

46. Darrel & Lori Bagley & Family says:

Curtis & Sammie,
    so very sorry for the loss of your sweet little boy.our thoughts and prayers are with u and your family though this very tough time may the lord bless you.and may u find peace and comfort in this difficult time .

47. Mark & Sue Johansen says:

We are so sorry to hear of your great loss. Words cannot express what we feel in our hearts for you at this time. May you hold on to the sweet memories you have made here in Drakes short time on earth. We know he was blessed with a great family who cared and loved him so much. He has touched many lives in such a short time. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you at this sad and difficult time.

48. Justin & Anjalynn Mitchell says:

Our thoughts are with you at this time. We cannot imagine what you are going through. Know that you are in our thoughts and surrounded by love.

49. Bryan Pratt says:

Dear Drake’s Family, my heart goes out to you. I pray for the comfort of our Lord to be with you and sustain you. I know Drake is with lots of family and friends and with Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit and even the Father! He really likes being in heaven and is so happy there. He wants to show you around when you get there! It will be a lot of fun! God bless you and keep you, my dear brothers and sisters. God bless you.