Colleen J Nielson

05/10/1928 – 04/16/2013

Anna Colleen Jensen Nielson, mother, grandmother, sister and good friend of many died April 16, 2013 in Centerfield, Utah. She was born in Fairview, Utah on May 10, 1928 to George and Anna Tucker Jensen, the oldest of five sisters. Colleen was the mother to six sons and one daughter. She cherished her family and served them throughout her life.
Colleen grew up in Moroni, Chester and Fairview and graduated from North Sanpete High School. She attended Snow College where she met the love of her life, Vail Howard Nielson. They were married March 24, 1947, in Fairview, Utah. Their marriage was later solemnized in the Manti Temple. They settled in Ephraim where they raised their family on the farm. She enjoyed spending time with her family, especially watching her boys play baseball, camping, hunting, fishing, and many family vacations. Colleen and Vail especially loved their cabin at Scofield.
Colleen was gifted in many areas. She was a wonderful homemaker; she loved cooking, sewing, knitting and other handicrafts. She won many awards at county and state fairs for her quilts and afghans.
Colleen was an avid genealogist for over 40 years, submitting thousands of names for temple ordinance work. She also compiled many family histories, leaving her posterity a great legacy.
Colleen was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She served many years as a Relief Society president providing countless hours of compassionate service. From 1997-2000 she served as an assistant matron in the Manti Temple.
Colleen is survived by her children, Richard (Marcea), Joe (Ruth), Kim (Gayle), Clair (Kathy), Linda (Rick) Wheeler, Charlie (Patty), Blake (Debbie); sisters, Connie Miner, Reva Follet (Kyle), Virginia Blake (Kermit), Leslie Clark (Earl); sister-in-law, Julie Stapley (Ron), brother-in- law, Waynard Jensen; 28 grandchildren, and 39 Great Grandchildren. She was preceded in death by Vail and her parents.
Funeral services will be held on Friday, April 19th at the Ephraim Stake Center (400 East Center) at 11:00 a.m. A viewing will be held Thursday evening, April 18th from 6:00-8:00 p.m. and prior to the funeral services from 9:00– 10:30 a.m.

13 Responses to “Colleen J Nielson”

1. Mandy Gardenheir says:

Linda and family – I just wanted to express my deepest sympathy to you and your loved ones. Your mom was a special sweetheart and will always have a spot in my heart. I loved visiting with your mom when I worked at Golden Skyline. She was a very sweet caring woman. I would have enjoyed getting to know her when she was in better health. My prayers and thoughts go out to you to find comfort.

2. Linda
    What a grand reunion in heaven, but a great void on earth.
    Every time I crochet, knit, or sew I think of your mom and all the 4-H classes she taught. I also have fond memories of going to the farm and Provo with your mom. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. May you find peace and comfort through the Plan of Salvation. Please accept our deepest sympathies.

3. Zella Christensen says:

Leslie and Family,
    I was sorry to read about the loss of your sister. I remember all the good times at your house when we were kids.
    We send our deepest sympathy to all of your family.
    Zella Christensen

4. Cory & Kim Gordon says:

Colleen will surely be missed. We enjoyed visiting with her and hearing all of her stories. She was such a lovely lady. We can’t think of her without Vail too. We always loved hearing their testimonies of temple work. I’m sure they are thrilled to be together again.

Our love and prayers are with your family at this time,
    Cory and Kim Gordon

5. Judy and Morris Wright says:

Thoughts and prayers are with the family at this time of sorrow and parting. We send our sincere sympathy and love to all of you and pray you will all find peace and comfort knowing you will see this sweet lady again. God Bless.

6. Don Findlay and family says:

Kim, Gayle, Richard, Marcea,
    Please accept our heartfelt condolences at the loss of your mother! She is a great woman and one I will always remember leading us in Primary in the old South Ward building during our growing-up years in Ephraim.

7. Kammie robins says:

To all of the family of Colleen, it was a pleasure to work for and take care of Colleen at the community living center, I really enjoyed her sweet personality, my deepest sympathy goes out to the family in your time of need

8. So sorry to hear about the passing of your sweet Mother. We met her many times when we would go to Ephraim to see Richard and Marcea, Joe and whoever else was there. We know Vail was right there to greet her as they were always together. Please know our thoughts are with all of the family. We love you guys and think the world of your family. May God bless and keep each one of you till you meet again.

9. Lisa and Morris Blackett says:

We send our love, thoughts and prayers to Colleen’s family. May the memories you all have of this amazing lady give you comfort, may the knowledge of life eternal give you peace.
    We love you all. Lisa and Morris Blackett

10. Gayle Acord Evans says:

We send our thoughts and prayers to you at this time and know there must have been a great reunion with Vail. They were great friends of my parents as well as Colleen being a cousin a couple times removed of Dave’s with the Tucker family. May you find the sweet spirit of peace at this time and the comfort that God blesses us with.
    Dave and Gayle (Acord) Evans

11. Kelly DeLeeuw says:

Please accept my condolence for the loss of your mother. She was a great mother to some of my best friends. I wish you all of the best as life’s cycle continues. Lets remember her for all the good things she did.

12. Sharon Kitzman says:

Blake, Debbie, Kristin, and Alison,

Your family at Dealertrack wishes to send you our condolences on the loss of a beautiful lady. We know you are surrounded by family and friends on this day of remembrance and sorrow. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

13. Dennis and Kaye Watson says:

Leslie, Earl and family, sorry to hear of your loss. I met Colleen a long time ago at the FHC in Mt Pleasant, then she went to the Temple Presidency calling. After that I would only see her once in a while but she always had a smile. You will miss her but knowing where she is may help a lot.