Osral Boyd Allred

11/05/1936 – 01/22/2013

AllredOsralSpring City – Osral Boyd Allred, 77, passed away quietly in his home on January 21, 2014. Osral was born November 5, 1936 in Spring City to Ruel Burns and Ruby Elizabeth Larsen Allred.
Orsal married his sweetheart Linda Aiken on July 21, 1962 in the Manti LDS Temple, and they were blessed to have six children, Bobette (Shawn) Lindow and Stacey (Dan) Rasmussen both Spring City; Mark (Lorrina) Allred, Woods Cross; Trudy (Creig) Cox, Orangeville; Paul (Laura) Allred and Scott (Teresa) Allred both Spring City. He had a great love and concern for his children and his 22 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren. Also survived by his siblings, Sherma (Tom) Jensen, St. George; Blake (Mary Ellen) Allred, Bountiful; Jane (Armond) James, St. George; Mossi (Joe) White, Provo. Preceded in death by parents, sibling, Viola (Budd) Jensen; step-mother, Jennie Wood Carter Allred; grandchildren, Jeremy Cox and Brooklyne Nicole Allred.
Osral began his earthly life very small at 2 pounds 3 ounces. He was known as the miracle baby being kept in a shoe box in a warm oven. Even though he started out small, he became a great man. He loved the Gospel and served as a missionary in the Norwegian Mission. He later became the Spring City Ward Bishop serving for 7 ½ years. Under his service, the design and addition to the LDS Church were started and almost completed. Osral was instrumental in raising the funds needed to begin the extensive project. He also served in two Stake Presidencies. Later in 2002 Osral and Linda were privileged to serve in the Norwegian Mission where they served in Bergen, Norway. Upon their return, he became a temple worker at the Manti LDS Temple serving there for 9 years. He was honored when they called him to be a sealer in the temple and knew the great responsibility and obligation he had been given.
Osral was employed at Snow College as an art instructor for 35 years. His preferred visual art medium was watercolor, but he also taught drawing, pottery, jewelry, and many other creative art courses. Besides numerous one-man shows, Osral exhibited in the National Academy of Design in New York, Watercolor U.S.A. in Springfield, Missouri, many colleges and universities, and throughout Utah. Many of Osral’s paintings are represented in public and private collections. He was a member of the prestigous Watercolor Honor Society and the National Watercolor Society. He was a highly distinguished artist and was a recipient of numerous awards and honors with his art. He was a very loving husband, father, grandfather, and teacher.
Funeral services to honor Osral’s life will be held at 11:00 on Monday, January 27 in the Historic Spring City LDS Chapel, Main Street. A viewing will be help from 6 to 8 p.m., Sunday, January 26, at Rasmussen Mortuary, 96 North 100 West, Mt. Pleasant, and from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m., prior to services at the church. Interment will be at the Spring City Cemetery. Online condolences at www. rasmussenmortuary.com.

12 Responses to “Osral Boyd Allred”

1. I want to offer my sympathy to the family of Osral Allred. I grew up in Spring City and always thought of him as such a kind and thoughtful man. My deepest sympathy and condolences at this time of sorrow. I have a strong testimony that we will be reunited again.
    Sincerely,
    Kathleen Larsen Johnson

2. Kent and Karyn Farley says:

Brother Allred – A great man who leaves a wonderful family. It’s so hard to have him go, but so good to know of Heavenly Father’s plan of happiness and the reunion to come. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    With love,
    The Farleys

3. Rayna (Doyle) Prettyman says:

A great man. He was a friend, professor and mentor of mine. Always fun, amazing artist, and good, sound advice. I can still see him in my mind, sitting there in a field during class. He’d give the instructions and then let you have at it. And he would do the same. It was incredible to watch him paint. Not often does a scene look more incredible on paper, but Osral had a way of doing it.
    He will be missed, but thank the Lord that we’ll see him again some day.
    My condolences to his family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

4. Ralph and Clarene Brenchley says:

Our deepest sympathy to the Allred family on the passing of your wonderful husband and father. Having been a colleague of Osral for most of the years he taught at Snow, I grew to greatly admire his remarkable talent as an artist and a teacher, his always ready smile, his easy laugh, and friendly demeanor towards everyone. Later, as Osral served as a sealer in the Manti Temple, Clarene and I were able to observe a spiritual depth in him that we could only hope to emulate someday. He will be greatly missed by many. Our prayers are with all of you at this time of sorrow.

Elder Ralph and Sister Clarene Brenchley
    South Carolina Columbia Mission

5. Dear Linda & Family:

What a gentle giant Osral was……kind, compassionate, talented & faithful. May Heavenly Father comfort and bless you at this sad time. We are sorry that we can’t be to his funeral, as we are in St. George. But you will surely be in our thoughts and prayers.

6. I am so sorry to hear of the passing of osral!!!!prayers to the family I do remember as a child and growing up coming to the family reunions in spring city and having alot of fun!!!! My grandma was osrals cousin!!!!!!

7. Glenn & Pat Sorensen says:

We want to offer our sympathy to the family of Osral Allred. We were School friends of Osral in Spring City and Mount Pleasant and always thought highly of him and he was as a great friend. Our prayers and thoughts will be with the family at this time. May our Heavenly Father comfort and bless you.

8. I grew up in Spring City and have known Osral for many years. We shared an apartment in Logan while we we both going to school there. That was when he first started dating Linda, in fact we double dated a few times. We visited often when I would return to Spring City to visit my parents. I know he dearly loved his wife and family and he will be surely missed. H was a good friend and a great man and I treasured his friendship.
    Our condolences (Celes and mine) go out to the family and we know he is in a better place waiting for his loved ones to join him.

9. Larry Blaine Moore says:

My condolences and love go out to you and your family in this time of loss. Osral, was a great mentor and teacher, and the single greatest inspiration for me to pursue art as a career. He was considerate, thoughtful, fun, and always encouraged me to reach to produce work better than I thought I was capable of. He had a great vision and always a unique perspective. Osral would keep tabs on me through my father long after I graduated and left Snow and was genuinely interested in me and my work. Osral was admired, was inspirational and he will continue to be a profound influence on me and my work as he has been since I first met him. My prayers are with you. May the Lord bless you and comfort you.

10. Carolyn Blain Hafen says:

I wanted to offer my love and sympathy to a great family who had a great Dad and husband. I appreciate my association in growing up in Spring City with him and the other great friends that helped to shape and mold my life and to help make a foundation of my testimony that has blessed my life forever since. I carry warm and happy memories of my “growing up” years there and certainly Osral and Linda were part of those heart pictures that I treasure. May you all be blessed with the tender mercies of the Lord in your lives as you are blessed to remember. . .

11. Deena Millecam says:

An artist of God’s creations who now paints with Michelangelo, DaVinci, and artists throughout the ages. And I was one of his many students! Thank you for teaching me more than art!

12. Carolyn Graham Campbell says:

I was so sorry to hear that your dad passed and was also surprised. He meant a lot to me and my family. I know when my dad was passing and needed comfort it was your dad he called to reassure him of where he would be going. What a great man he was…