Marilee Schoonover Poulson

10/23/1962 ~ 06/16/2014

PoulsenMarileeCropMarilee Schoonover Poulson Beloved wife, Mother, Grandmother, Daughter, Sister, Friend and the Lord’s Handmaiden was born October 23, 1962 in American Fork, UT to Lee and Marian Schoonover. She graduated from Fountain Valley High school where she was recognized for her academic achievements and played on the basketball and tennis teams. As a youth she was a natural leader, always looking out for others and she loved the outdoors where she enjoyed waterskiing, attending Dodger baseball games and surfing the beaches of Southern California. Marilee attended Snow College where she met and married the love her he life George (Rick) Meyrick Poulson and they married January 23, 1982. From this union they had four children, Tyler (Alicia), Kristi (Matt Bell), Kyle (Brittney) and Aubree (Landon Bailey). Rick and Marilee were sealed for time and eternity in the Manti Temple December 27, 1985.
Marilee returned home to her Heavenly Father June 16, 2014.
Marilee lived her life to the fullest and started every day with a smile. She loved her family unconditionally, our biggest cheerleader who never missed an event. She was always the first to help family, friends and community. Marilee served our community as an EMT for many years in Mt. Pleasant and Fairview. She was recognized as EMT of the year by the state of Utah for dedication and service. Marilee will be deeply missed not only in our family but also by all who have been touched by her love.
Marilee, one of Heavenly Father’s most precious angels, worlds greatest Mom, Wife, Companion, and Grandma will be cherished in our hearts forever while she continues watching over her loved ones in heaven as she did on earth.
She is survived by her husband (Rick), Father, Mother, three children (Tyler, Kristi & Aubree), brother (Gary & John), Sister (Paula), and five Grandchildren (Trevin, Oaklin, Kason, Aibree and expecting baby Poulson in November)
Funeral services will be held Saturday June 21, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. in the Mount Pleasant North Stake Center (300 W 500 N). Visitations will be held Friday June 20, 2014 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. prior to services both at the church. Interment in the Mt. Pleasant City Cemetery. Online condolences at rasmussenmortuary.com

28 Responses to “Marilee Schoonover Poulson”

1. Ryan Staker says:

Rick and Family,

You have my deepest condolences. Marilee was my friend as she was everyone’s friend. Never will there be a more kind, caring and loving person than Marilee was. My heart hurts for Rick and all the family. I send my heart-felt love and deepest sympathies to all of you. R.I.P. Marilee.

2. Ellen & Tom Lusk says:

Poulsen Family,
    You have our deepest sympathies. Marilee was the most friendly and lovely woman. She was so good to our girls in Young Women’s and so fun loving. She will be so greatly missed by everyone!

3. Scott and Lisa Collard says:

So sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all at this difficult time.

4. Dee and Leigh Anne Klunker says:

Your family is in our prayers, our deepest sympathies to your family. Marilee was amazing person. She was wonderful to our daughter. She will be missed.

5. Kammie robins says:

Rick and family, Marilee was the sweetest lady and I’m glad I had the privilege of knowing her, through Kyle and brittney, she would come into Walmart often and visit with me when I was working, I truely loved visiting with her, she was an awesome mom and an even better grandma, you will all be in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time!!

6. Nancy Dase Burnside says:

Rick and family, my heart breaks for all of you! So sorry for your loss!

7. Stacie Stewart Kimberley says:

Rick and Family, I am so sorry for the loss of your loved ones. I send my deepest sympathy, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

8. Shanna Beck Downard says:

Rick & Family, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you. May God comfort you in your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

9. Brent & Pam Daniels and family says:

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family at this difficult time. Marilee will be remembered for the loving mother that she was.

10. Jeff Nielson says:

Our thoughts and Prayers go out to all of you.
    Jeff & Dora Nielson

11. Francis & Mary Hill says:

We didn’t know Marilee well, however the few times we were around her and her family were joyous. Such a wonderful family their love and support for one another was very strong. We are sure that with support from their faith in God and love and support from family and friends they will make it through this trail. God bless and give strength to each and every member of the families.

12. Mindy Buttars says:

Rick and Family, I am so sorry for your loss. Marilee was an important person in my life. She was “My Young Womens Leader”. I learned so much from her, so many life lesson that I carry with me every day. My heart is broken for your family. I pray you will feel the peace of knowing that families are forever.

13. What a beautiful light is shinning in Heaven today…Our heartfelt prayers of comfort and peace are with you all during these darkest of days. Your Family is eternal and Heavenly Father will hold Kyle and Marilee gently in His arms until you meet them again. There are no words to convey how truly sorry we are for your loss.

14. DEVON AND CARMA DAHL FAMILY says:

Dear Schoonover/Poulson Families:

Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers during this time of grief and sorrow. May the balm of Gilead heal your wounds–knowing that at times like this the Savior–who knows all pain and suffering–will bear you up on His shoulders and carry you when your faith may falter, answers cannot be found, and your entire being cries for peace and rest. Job received an answer to his question: “Shall man live again after death?” God answered in the affirmative and Job declared: “Though skin worms destroy this body–yet in my flesh shall I see god.” I testify that’s true. We have a loving God, who understands ALL things. I will put your names on the Newport Beach temple roll as we serve there at 5:00 AM tomorrow. Know that you are loved by the Dahl Family.

15. Bruce Johnston says:

Dear Schoonover and Poulson Families,

All I can offer are my sincerest condolences for your loses. Gary, thank you so much for reaching out to me in order to inform me of what happened; I’m still in shock. I have fond memories of Marilee and the Schoonover family back in our high school days, having met Marilee in our Junior English class at FVHS. I remember her grandfather quizzing me if I knew Johnny Weissmuller because I was a swimmer, and I remember the Schoonover family opening up their home to me and providing me the opportunity to hear about the Gospel of Jesus Christ…for that, I will always be grateful! One story I would like to share in case Marilee’s children never heard it: Our Senior Prom was at the Disneyland Hotel, and halfway through the dance, we were a wee bit bored, so we hopped on the monorail and headed over to Disneyland, (Back in those days you could pay $5 just to enter the park to walk around), and as we walked around Disneyland in our formal prom attire, countless people noticed Marilee in her pink, three-hooped dress and commented outloud: “There’s Cinderella!”. I have always remembered the laugh and the smile and the importance her family had in her life. I will be forever grateful to the Schoonover family for so many things and my thoughts and prayers are with you all as you mourn the lose of your loved ones.

Rest In Peace Marilee and Kyle…no doubt you were loved by many and will be missed by many.

16. Charles & Elna McKay says:

Dear Rick and family,

Our hearts go out to you in your loss. I remember when I was at the bank and you were building your home and all the times we would visit then. Marilee’s mom, Marion, has also been a long time friend. I was in the Lay home a lot when Marion was a little girl. I love you all. We certainly extend our deepest sympathy to all of you and especially to Rick.

17. Guy and Patricia Davis says:

Rick and the Poulsen Family,
    Our prayers are with you! We hope that together you and your family can be a huge support for each other. It will be tough, but with God’s help, and the teachings of the Church about death, you can feel His love. May this help heal your hearts!

18. Victoria Howard & Howard Family says:

Dear Schoonovers and Poulsen Families,
    From our family to yours we are so sadden to hear of your precious loss. Marilee will always be remembered as our bright smiling forever friend who brought sunshine everywhere she went. She was one of the most positive persons we’ve ever known who would advocate for everything Godly and righteous. She was a true friend indeed who’s laugh and smile was very contagious!
    We will always have the fond memories of growing up in Fountain Valley, trips to the Beach, church fun’ctions and our crazy vacay in Mexico where Marilee drove my sister Andrea and I in the Schoonover Jeep through the rough terrain, through a rocky river as we dodged a stampede of cattle chasing us off a ranch and then up the Baja Peninsula for 4 hours until we hit the American boarder…whew Marilee was a Trooper!
    We love you all and you’ll forever be apart of our family.
    Our condolences and prayers are with you.
    Sincerely,
    Victoria and the Howard Family

19. I am so sorry for your loss. Marilee was always so friendly and kind to me. She was always so supportive and willing to volunteer her time to help when I was teaching at North Sanpete High School. I know how much she loved her family and her kids and how much she wanted them to be successful. I will never forget her beautiful smile, that gorgeous blond hair and her infectious laugh! My thoughts, condolences and prayers are with your family at this time.
    Alofaaga,
    Noelani Ioane

20. Janet McFarland says:

I wish to express my condolences to the Poulson Family. I was so fortunate to serve with Marilee in the YW organization. If she didn’t have us in tears she had us laughing. She has always been a great example to me, Her smile, her laugh, her love of life and her family. Her stories about growing up and her great love for the youth of the church. I will miss seeing her and reminiscing about all the practical jokes we played on everyone.

21. Dennis Oakley says:

To the Poulsen family:
    My sincere condolences to you and your family. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. May God’s love give you the strength to bear the pain of your losses and overcome your sorrows. I will pray that you can realize comfort and peace during the coming days, weeks, and months that follow. I am so sorry.

God Bless

22. Cary Wise says:

We wish to express are condolences to the Poulson Family.
    Our Prayer are with you.

Cary & Robin Wise

23. Dear Poulsen & Schoonover families:

I was so saddened to hear of Marilee’s passing. I have always admired and have nothing but fond memories of Marilee and your families. Marilee was always so cheerful and kind. Her smile and laughter were contagious. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that your families are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
    The Craig Johnson family

24. Mike & Linda Bailey says:

We were extremely saddened By Marilee’s passing, Marilee was always so good to Ryan & always in his corner when needed. Our thoughts & prayers are with Rick & family & we are so sorry for your loss, Marilee will be missed by all who knew her.
    Love, Mike & Linda Bailey Family

25. Malinda Beck Overman says:

My heart is heavy with sadness for your loss, Rick and family. I send you my deepest sympathy and much love at this very hard time. May my sweet cousin, Marilee, keep smiling down on all of the loved ones she and Kyle have left behind for now… Love, Malinda Beck Overman

26. Erin Isaacs Hourani says:

Schoonover and Poulson families,
    I just want to express how sad I am for your losses. I have so many memories of your family through my friendship with Paula and I remember the times I was with Marilee’s family as times full of joy and fun. You are such an amazing family that loves so deeply that I know you will bind together to heal the wounds this tragedy has caused. Because you love so deeply, the wounds are that much greater. Trust in the Lord and give Him your grief that he might apply the healing balm to sooth the pain. My thoughts are with you and you are filling my prayers….Love, Erin

27. Don Shelley says:

Rick and Family,

Have thought of you many times this week. Please know we love and support you in this time. Our family will have you in our prayers.

Sincerely,

Don and Jana Shelley

28. RuthAnn Beck Simon says:

Marian and family,
    I am saddened by your unexpected loss. You have my deepest sympathy.
    RuthAnn Beck Simon