Robert Samuel Allred

5/19/1946 ~ 7/29/2014

AllredRobertCropRobert Samuel Allred, 68, loving husband, father, grandfather and brother, passed away July 29, 2014 after a valiant fight against cancer. He was born in Mt. Pleasant, Utah on May 19, 1946 to Louis Samuel and Lola Winona Justesen Allred. He was married to Nedra Syme on August 30, 1968 in the Manti, Utah Temple.
He attended North Sanpete High School where he graduated in May 1964. He attended Snow College, where he was on many lists none of which were the Dean’s List but he did meet with the Dean regularly. He received a call to serve in the Denmark LDS Mission but was drafted and entered Basic Training on the 20th of April 1966, arriving in Vietnam October of 1966 where he served for 1 year. Robert loved his Country and served in many different positions with the Combat Engineers over a career spanning 39 years and participating in 3 wars, Vietnam, Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom.
His favorite vacation was camping and getting wood from the mountains or helping to build his children’s homes. He had a deep love for Spring City and his heritage and served in many civic and church callings throughout his life. He loved his family, especially his grandchildren.
He is survived by his wife of 45 years, Nedra; children: Heather Allred of Spring City, Heidi (Peter) Anderson of Mt. Pleasant, Holly Ann (Scot) Larsen of Spring City, Robert Shane (Melissa) Allred of Spring City, Cyndee Sue (Matt) Ritter of Garland, Amy Brooke (Joe) Allan of Spring City, Samuel Brent (Traci) Allred of Mt. Pleasant; siblings: David Ladd (Diana) Allred, John Arthur (Dianne) Allred, Randy Brent Allred and Cynthia Ann (Paul) DeGrey; In-Laws: Courtney Delray (Sheila) Syme, Harold Lamont Payne and Angela (Tim) Hayley. The greatest joy in his life were his 28 grandchildren and 9 great grandchildren. Preceded in death by his parents, brother, James Louis Allred, sister Vickie Sue Allred, mother-in-law, Nedra June Payne, father-in-law, Courtney Dee Syme, brother-in-law, Emery T. Payne, step-father-in-law, Harold T. Payne, son-in-law, Heath Mark Cook.
Funeral services will be Saturday, August 2, 2014 at 1:00 pm at the Spring City 2nd Ward Chapel, 150 So. Main, Spring City, Utah. There will be a viewing Saturday at the church from 10:00 am – 12:45 prior to the services. Burial with military rites will follow in the Spring City Cemetery. Online condolences at rasmussenmortuary.com

17 Responses to “Robert Samuel Allred”

1. Kathleen Johnson says:

Dear Nedra and family.

I want to offer sympathy and much love at this time. Robert was one of a kind, a great man. I know you will all miss him dearly. Thankful for the testimony that you will be together again. I am sure that he and Max will have many visits in heaven. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs,
    Kathleen

2. Newell & zella Hansen Christensen says:

Dear Nedra and Family,
    We were sorry to hear about Robert.
    We were looking forward to seeing you at the 50th class reunion in Sept. But I guess he gets to have a bigger one there with family and friends.
    We send our deepest sympathy and know he is in a better place and doesn’t have to deal with all the pain and being sick.

3. Susan Aiken says:

My deepest condolences go out to the family. He will be missed.

4. Mont & Debbie Larsen says:

Nedra and Family,
    Our hearts go out to you, Robert was a great man and will be greatly missed.

5. Mary Priest says:

Dear Nedra and family,
    My heart is hurting for you all as you are experiencing the pain of being seperated (for a time) from someone you love very much. Just know that I care a lot about you and will keep you all in my prayers.
    Love,
    Mary Priest

6. Kammie robins says:

Nedra, Heather, Heidi, holly, Amy, sam, cyndee , and Shane I am so sorry for the loss of your husband and father, Robert was a great man and I have a lot of fond childhood memories hanging out at your house and seeing your dad, he was always so nice to me!! I will be thinking and praying for all of you to have peace and comfort at this time and for the time ahead, may he finally be at peace and out of pain, I’m sure there was a joyous reunion and he will be awaiting the time when he will see you all again!! Love to all of you

7. Connie Ames says:

Dearest Nedra & family:
    How sad I am for each one of you. There is such an empty feeling in your heart & home when someone SPECIAL passes on. But, because of our Savior’s great sacrifice, we know that “ALL IS WELL”, and that one day we will be reunited. May you be comforted in the days ahead. I send you my sympathy and love.

8. Wayne Clark says:

Dear Allred Family,
    I am sorry to hear about Robert’s passing. I have many fond memories of your family from when we were all younger and running around the neighborhood. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

9. Jim and Linda Garrett says:

Nedra we are so sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your lovely family. We know that you will all be together again through the sealing ordinances o the Temple, and it is our prayer that this will bring you and your family great comfort in the days ahead. When we got the message of Roberts passing our Temple sisters all had many kind thoughts to share and we are all concerned for you. There are many hugs waiting your return. The Garretts Jim and Linda

10. C LLOYD MILLER says:

Dear Allred Family:

I was so sorry to hear about the passing of Robert. I served with him in the Combat Engineers. I was the Property Book Officer for the 1457th Engr Bn from Jan 1976 to Jun 1997 and was with him in Desert Storm, and considered him a close friend. He was one of the best soldiers I had the privilege of serving with. He was a credit to his unit and country. I am not able to attend his service Saturday, but know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Know that he will be missed by all of us.

Our deepest sympathy:

CW4 (Ret) Charles L Miller
    1457th Engr Bn (Cbt)
    UTARNG

11. C LLOYD MILLER says:

Dear Allred family:

I was so sorry to hear about the passing of Robert. I served with Robert in the Combat Engineers. I was the Property Book Officer for the 1457 Engr Bn from Jan 1976 to Jun 1997 and was with him in Desert storm and considered him a close friend. He was one of the best soldiers I had the privilege of serving with. He was a credit to his unit and his country. I am not able to attend the service Saturday, but know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Know that he will be missed by all of us.

CW4 (Ret) Charles L Miller
    1457 Engr Bn (Cbt)
    UTARNG

12. Kathi Keisel says:

Nedra and family…
    So sorry to hear about Robert! He will be missed greatly! I know you will always smile when you think of him. He was a great man and friend! Your in our prayers and thoughts at this time. We love you guys!

13. Kaye Watson says:

To Nedra and family, plus extended family: So sorry to hear of Robert’s passing. I’m unable to attend the funeral but have been thinking of you all week. Hope you got to say goodbye before he left Spring City for the last time. The town won’t be the same without him.

14. Allan & Luela Hall says:

Unable to come down but send our love and prayers. The Allred and Syme Families are two of our favorites in Sanpete.

15. Rick Allred Jody rickallred frank Allred says:

So sorry for your loss he was a awsome guy loved talking to him and all his kids brothers all touched his life hope The Lord will help u in your time of need love u guys

16. Dear Nedra and Family,
    I’m so sorry to hear about Rob’s passing. We were life long friends. Rob and I have had many good experience growing up. From riding our horses to the many hunting trips up in the mountain. We were also in the National Guard together. He was a good friend and I will miss him. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

17. Pat Mellor Jenkins says:

Nedra and family, we were so sorry to hear about Robert’s passing. (Mike Black messaged Manny, it’s a long story…) We remember him as such a great guy with that mischievous grin and wry sense of humor. I will never forget the day I re-wired the oven element and then called Robert, the city electrician at the time, to listen while I plugged it in, in case I was electrocuted. Or the Halloween we planned to scare your kids at the city cemetery. (I think we scared ourselves as much as them.) Or the day the sheep we were herding took a wrong turn and ended up in the manure pit! Spring City was a wonderful place to rear kids and it was a privilege to count you and Robert and the kids our friends. We share your loss and know that one day all will be comforted and there will be no parting any more. Special messages of love and concern from Ryan, Karl, Manny and Maria. Hope to see you soon, Love, Pat