Dan “K” Olsen

6/28/1984 ~ 10/21/2014

DanSummerCroppedDan “K” Olsen passed away on October 21, 2014 at the age of 30. He was born on June 28, 1984, to Jay Ivan and Tawny Jean Olsen in Payson, Utah. He is survived by his parents, brothers, Christian (Amie), John (Kayna), Jacob, Jay Ward, Shad Olsen, all of Ephraim. Thomas (Kathryn) Olsen of Rexburg, Idaho, Sisters, Jaylynn Olsen of New York, and Abigail Olsen of Ephraim; grandparent, Gary and Mary Nelson, Ephraim. Preceded in death by sister, Suzanna Lee Olsen, grandparents Daniel Ward and Deon Tew Olsen.
Dan was active in his church, and had a positive influence on everyone he met. Served an LDS mission to Mississippi. He was an Eagle Scout and in the Order of the Arrow. He graduated from Manti High School, and attended Snow College. He loved to play games, and spend time with his Nieces and Nephews. He enjoyed time with all his friends from the Sanpete Community Training Center.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, at 11:00 a.m. October 25, 2014 at the Ephraim 1st Ward with a viewing Friday October 24,2014 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. Interment in the Ephraim Park Cemetery. Online condolence at rasmussenmortuary.com

18 Responses to “Dan “K” Olsen”

1. Casey & Kristine Blackburn says:

So sorry for your loss. May your sorrows be lessened with our Lords blessings.

2. Curt Hall says:

Dan was a great man, his absence will be felt throughout the community. Your family is in our prayers

3. Rachell Jensen says:

He will be missed by so many. I enjoyed my time with him at McDonalds.

4. jessie haley says:

Dan k was a light in this world and will be missed.. I’m so sorry for your loss I’m sending you prayers and love

5. Mark Dalene says:

Dan was very persistent and determined; I was always impressed with his character. He was a great example of what over coming obstacles looked like. It’s a sad felling that we have lost someone like him.

6. Stuart and Linda Holley says:

Our deepest sympathy. We didn’t know him but was told what a wonderful man he was and how he brought happiness to so many. We are feeling your loss here in Bountiful, Ut. Your family is in our prayers.

7. Kerry & Carma Steck says:

Dan K is one of my heroes! I will never forget how I felt at the EES May Day when he was ‘back’ after his accident, and received a standing ovation. We have watched him over the years since, and He has accomplished so much!! Our sincere sympathy to all the family. Please know that he will be missed in the community.

8. The Grindstaff Family says:

Dan was such a good example of how to keep aa positive attitude in the face of hardship. Our lives were blessed to have known him. I remember how well he sang in primary. He was truly remarkable. Our hearts and prayers are with you. We wish we could be there with you. He will always be remembered. God bless you.

9. Shawn Hamilton says:

Dan k was a very good friend not o ly growing up but I worked at sanpete community training for a year and a half and spent many many hours taking dan k out weather it was bowling or swimming or for walks to subway. Everywhere we went he always went out of his way to say hello to everyone he knew. Gonna miss dans mischievous smile. Love you man r.i.p

10. Regan Norris Mardis says:

It’s been a long time since I lived in Ephraim but I remember when he was a little boy before his accident…wish I knew him as he got older. Prayers to the family. Sounds like heaven gained a amazing angel!

11. Lacy Nance says:

I am truely sorry for your loss. Dan was an amazing person and knew how to put a smile on peoples face. Heaven gained a true angel.

12. RaeLyn Anderson Boothe says:

I’m so sorry to hear of Dan K’s passing. Our prayers are with you.

13. Cary & Robin Wise says:

Our prayers are with you.

The Wise Family

14. Aunt Paula says:

My love and condolences to the family for the sudden loss of your beloved son, brother, and grandson. Tawny and Jay, I wish we could be there for the funeral, but we won’t be able to make it. I love you guys, and I hope your faith In God will comfort you in the days to come. Dan K lived a good life as part of your wonderful family.

15. Kathryn Durrant says:

Jay and Tawny my love and thoughts are with you at this time.
    Kathryn Durrant

16. I was so sorry to hear of Dan’s accident. My heartfelt sympathy to his family and friends.

17. CLark and Lisa Warnick says:

We were so sorry to hear about the accident that took your son. We understand that he was a favorite to all who knew him.We know that you have been wonderful parents, and that the Lord will bless and comfort you. May you have peace and understanding at this hard time. Our prayers are with you.

18. mark and Susie nilsson says:

We were so sorry to hear about Dan K. We love and admire your family. Please have a wonderful holiday season knowing that many people have you in their thoughts. You have always been people we have been inspired by. Lots of love from us.