Jane Hansen Anderson

3/31/1954 ~ 12/20/2014

AndersonJaneCropJane Hansen Anderson, 60, of Fairview, Utah, passed away Saturday, December 20, 2014 after a two year battle against breast cancer. She was born March 31, 1954 in Lehi, Utah to Hyrum Dee and Mary Annie Hansen. She was married in the Manti LDS Temple on September 13, 1974 to Rian Blake Anderson. Together they had six children: Nicholas Blake (Katherine) Anderson, Autumn Leigh (Jason) Kirkham, James Adrian (Tracey) Anderson, Janille (Michael) Olson, Natalie Elaine (Stephen) Bradley, and Tonya Kaye (Matthew) Syme. She is survived by her mother-in-law, Norma Anderson Wocknitz, her husband, five children, twenty grandchildren, nine siblings, and numerous nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; her father-in-law, Blake J. Anderson; her sister, Gail; and her son, Nicholas.
Jane moved to Castle Dale, Utah with her family when she was four years old. She grew up there and attended Emery County High School in Castle Dale. After High school graduation she attended Snow College in Ephraim (Associate Degree), and later Utah State University in Logan where she received her Bachelors Degree in Education. She taught 20 years for North Sanpete School District — nine years at Mt. Pleasant Elementary School and eleven at Fairview Elementary.
Jane was also an accomplished seamstress and loved creating artistic masterpieces with her sewing machine. She loved to travel. Hawaii was a favorite, as were Nauvoo, here in the continental United States, and Norway in Europe; but home was always where her heart was and if she had a choice, she would always choose visiting her family over any exotic place in the world.
Jane was loved by all who knew her. She was an angel – a sentiment expressed by so many friends and even casual acquaintances. Many of her former students from her years teaching 2nd, 3rd, and 6th grade, even after their High School graduations, have come back, called, or written just to say that she was their favorite teacher and how much they appreciated what she’d done for them – that she had changed their lives. Yes she was indeed an angel for so many.
Funeral services Tuesday, December 23, 2014, at the LDS 2nd and 3rd Ward Chapel, 131 E 100 N Fairview, Utah, at 1:00 pm. Viewings Monday, December 22, 2014 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at the Rasmussen Mortuary, 96 North 100 West, Mt. Pleasant, Utah and Tuesday, December 23, 2014 prior to services from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm at the LDS 2nd and 3rd Ward Chapel, 131 East 100 North Fairview, Utah. Interment will follow in the Fairview City Cemetery.

12 Responses to “Jane Hansen Anderson”

1. Ked Kirkham says:

My own family has been touched by your legacy, Jane and Rian, know that your lives will continue to touch many yet to come.

2. Wally & Cheryl Larsen says:

Jane has been such a wonderful friend and we will miss her. We’ve enjoyed our visits as she was out for a walk. Our love and prayers for the entire family, especially Rian and your children. May the comforter be with you throughout this time. We love you.

3. Pine View Stake Presidency says:

We express our love and concern for you, Janille, your family, and the entire Anderson family. While we have not had the blessing of knowing your mother, we certainly have enjoyed some of the fruit of her life’s work as we have come to know you and your wonderful traits. May you feel the Savior’s love at this difficult time and the peace and quite assurance that comes as a result of your faith. We join with you in solemn gratitude that families are forever! We love you!

4. Ruth Ann Shelley says:

We were sad to hear about tha passing of a very sweet lady. We are so glad we were able to visit with you two when we were home in September. Rian our prayers are with you and your children and grandchildren at this time.
    Bryan & Ruth Ann Shelley

5. Colleen Rice Goodsell says:

My thoughts are with you at this time. Memories of Jane and her sweet spirit will remain with me always. I wish. I could be there to mourn with you in person. We send our love and prayers of comfort your way.

6. Connie Hatch says:

I am so glad I was able to say goodbye to my wonderful friend. I love you all, and will never forget Jane’s sweet spirit. My heart is with you all. Thank you for all of the kind words you had for me Rian and the girls while we visited last week.

7. Michael Harmon says:

My little family got to know Sister Anderson through her daughter and our sister-in-law. Our hearts became fonder of this great woman through learning what she was going through and our kids yearned to offer letters of encouragement. These letters created a love for a great mother that I wish I got to know better. I’m sorry I could not attend services with my family but I’ve had a peaceful feeling about her today and hope the Andersons do too.

8. Mike and Linda Bringhurst says:

Dear Rian and family,
    We are so saddened to hear of your loss. We loved getting to know both of you and your family when we lived in Fairview. (one of our favorite spots in the world)
    You were both such examples of the love of Christ in the way you live your lives and the way you treat everyone.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Bless you, Mike and Linda Bringhurst

9. Delynn and Margaret Fielding says:

Dear Rian and Family:
    We’ve been in the Midwest since December 19 and were heartbroken upon returning home tonight to learn of Jane’s passing. We wish we could have been at her viewing and services to pay our loving respects to Jane and to mourn with you.

Jane is an elect lady and has always been an inspiration to us. We yearn for the day when we can continue our eternal friendship.

We’re sending our love and continued prayers.
    Delynn and Margaret

10. Newell & Zella Christensen says:

Dear family,
    we were sorry to hear about Jane. She was such a sweet lady and I enjoyed her sweet spirit. she will be dearly missed.

Newell & Zella Christensen

11. Jake Anderson says:

Dear Rian and family, my deepest condolences for your loss. You are wonderful people. My family will never forget the time you and Jane so selflessly spent with us when we visited the area. What a warm and inviting family. I’m so grateful for the time we were able to spend catching up with you all. You will be together again. May you and your family find comfort in knowing that. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jake
    (Rick Anderson Family)

12. Duane Hansen says:

Jane was an angel. Also so nice and friendly and first class, elegant demeanor. She has real pioneer grit behind her pleasant personality.

I met Jame when Rian and I were roommates in the LDS Frat House at Snow College. I think they hit it off. We double dated a couple time and I was impressed with her wit and smarts.

It was so admireable of her going back to school when Rian got sick. Rian was a good friend of John Stewart and I and we had good times together during our early college days. I always admired Rian for his photography, his writing and was extra happy for him when he told us he and Jane were getting married.

God Bless Jane, Rian and their family. I am honored to have know them although we have not seen each other for many years. When I think about them, I remember good times being in their good company.