Kathleen Snarr Olsen

03/07/1950 – 05/16/2015

OlsenKathleenRecentOur loving mom, grandma, sibling, and friend Kathleen Snarr Olsen passed away in Payson, UT on May 16, 2015 after a fight with cancer. Kathleen “Kathy” was born on March 7, 1950 to LaVere Sharp and Challas Adams Snarr in Salt Lake City, UT. She married Daniel “Kent” Olsen on June 25, 1971 in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Manti Temple. Kathy was a teacher for 35 years. She taught preschool at Snow College, in her home, Early Intervention in Emery County and North Sanpete School Districts, in Mt. Pleasant. She loved working with children, especially special needs students. Many of her student’s children became her students. Kathy graduated from Snow College, Weber State College, and earned a Master’s Degree from the University of Utah in Education. She loved music, especially playing her violin in the annual performance of Handel’s Messiah. She also loved to tour home shows, grow house plants, garden, sew and travel. Trips included to Austria, Italy, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic. Kathy’s favorite church calling were in Primary. She served as Primary President, Secretary, Cub Scout Committee Chairperson, Choir Director, Relief Society Presidencies at Snow College and BYU. She served for eighteen years on various Stake Boards in Relief Society and Primary. Kathleen is survived by her children, Jeremiah (Shandy) Olsen and Mariah (Kel) Rainer. She is also survived by 5 grandchildren, Kenyon, Kayl, Tishina, Pretty Plume, Brett who she adored and loved very much. Kathy leaves behind her siblings, Terry (Bonnie) Snarr, Claudia (Gary) Danielson, and LaMont (Staci) Snarr. Also her in-laws, Daniel Ward and Deon Olsen Family and many nieces and nephews. Kathy is preceded in death by her husband Daniel Kent Olsen and her parents. Funeral services will be held Wednesday May 20, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. in the Ephraim 1st Ward Chapel (200 W 450 N) Viewing will be held Tuesday May 19 from 6-8 p.m. and Wednesday from 9:00-10:30 am. prior to services at the church. Interment in the Ephraim Park Cemetery. Online condolence at www.rasmussenmortuary.com

16 Responses to “Kathleen Snarr Olsen”

1. Shelly Blakley says:

So sorry for your loss your Kathy was Erica’s preschool teacher and a friend . She will be missed .

2. Connie Ames says:

I crossed paths with Kathy at the North Sanpete School District office. She was a GEM. Her friendship meant a lot to me. I am so sorry that she had to suffer. She will always hold a special place in my heart. I send my sympathy to all of her family.

3. Karen Kowalski says:

Kathy had a HUGE influence for good with so many young children. They carry her in their hearts. She was such a hard worker and a compassionate friend always. You are loved, Kathy!

4. UT TOPS 0321-Carolyn Jensen says:

Kathy was a member of our local TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) group for several years. She was always such a loving and caring lady. Our thoughts and prayers to the family. She is gone but will never be forgotten.

5. Amy Larsen says:

Kathy was such a sweetheart! My prayers for comfort go to the family. At least there isn’t anymore pain for you sweet lady!
    Amy

6. Helen Lund says:

Kathy was such a amazing lady. I have never seen anyone go through so many trials for so many years and still have a smile on her face. She loved her family with all of her heart. She loved to brag about her grandchildren. I’m sure our Father in Heaven said well done thy good an faithful servant. Enter in your rest. Love you Kathy .

7. JoAnne Christensen says:

Kathy truly was the kindest person I have ever known. What an example! I feel blessed to have worked with her at the preschool and as a parent.

8. Bryce Barney says:

I grew up with Kathy through elementary to high school and was always impressed with her kindness and consideration. Her gentle soul brought a lot of humility and reverence to us all. I now live out of state and wish I could be there with the family.

9. RaeLyn Boothe says:

Bless you Kathy for your tender spirit. We are better people for having known you.

10. Annette Brinton says:

I have known Kathleen since she and I were very young. We lived just down the street from each other. We began playing violin at the same time and played in Orchestra from 6th to 12th grade. In high school, we sang in a quartet and won a stake quartet festival. That brought many opportunities to perform together.

We went separate ways for school and work, but when I moved back to my home in Midvale, I saw her often because she would visit her parents. I’m so grateful for those opportunities to keep in touch with her. I wish I could have expressed my feelings in person, but know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all. I have so many wonderful memories of her.

11. Hodson's says:

Couldn’t make kathy’s funeral due to Manti’s mayday but just wanted to say how sorry we are at this great ladies passing. She will be greatly missed. Our heart goes out to all of you today, bless you all.

12. Ginger Munk says:

We were so sorry to hear of Kathleen’s passing. We didn’t find out in time to attend her funeral, but would have loved to express our condolences in person. She was such a sweet cousin to me and I have many happy memories of our childhood get-togethers. Thank heaven for the knowledge we have of the plan of happiness, knowing where she now is and of the happy reunion she is having with her loved ones on the other side. We pray that her family will have peace. She will be greatly missed.

13. Leslie keisel says:

I don’t know of anyone who loved children more than Kathy loved her pre-school aged little ones. She devoted years of service working to make life better for the children. she is a true servant of God. Many life’s were blessed because of her work.

14. Deanna Hansn says:

What a talented lady her strength in teaching the special kids was always had time for parents

15. Kathleen Clements says:

I love Kathy. We were good friends while she lived in Castle Dale, Utah. It was always so refreshing to talk to her and feel the wonderful spirit she has. She was always looking for the good about everyone and everything, even when things were very hard for her. She is truly a wonderful person. I love her and will miss her deeply.

16. Bonnie Morris says:

I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around that you are not still in Ephraim my BFF. We went to Snow together. Married in the Manti Temple on the same day, eat in the sheep camp, 4 wheeled and eat mutton each summer you took care of the sheep between your school years a Weber State. Cried together, laughed together and mourned together. How choice was our last phone call which lasted for almost two hours. What love I heard in your voice for Kent as you told me how he cared for you in the months before he left this mortal existence. I wasn’t prepared for you not to beat your cancer. You are such a fighter for everyone you came into contact with. Yes, I talk as if you are able to hear me, and I think you do the only part of this conversation is the fact that I can not hear your answers. So walk tall dear BFF because I need to see your smiling face and the joy in your eyes when my time here on earth is accomplished. Are friends forever together? I can only open so dear for i look forward to the day when we will share our joys together, once more. I love you.