Daniel G. Witt

10/21/1931 ~ 12/25/2016

WittDaniel On commencement day May 2, 2009 Snow College Professor Daniel G. Witt completed 51 years of college teaching. On December 25, 2016 at 1:00am he completed 85 years of sharing his knowledge and generosity with thousands of students and his loving family.
He was born during the great depression outside the city limits of Heber Utah on October 21, 1931. His parents were Joseph William Witt and Ruth May Grimshaw Witt. He was the second of the family of six children: Joseph William (deceased), Suzanne Thacker, Lavon Provost, Michael Witt, and Ruthie Furr.
He attended and graduated from Wasatch High School in 1949, began his college career at BYU the same year, served an LDS mission from 1950-1952, served in the US army from 1953-1955, and resumed his college education on the Korean War GI Bill on his release in 1955 eventually deciding to major in Sociology.
Professor Witt married his lifetime partner Mary Murphy, whom he met in a BYU dance class. They were married in the Salt Lake Temple and celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary December 14. They have three children: MaryJane Cecy(Iraja), Riverton Utah, Kathleen Pili (Darren), Ephraim Utah, Daniel M. Witt (Katie), Kaysville Utah. Seven grandchildren and eight great grandchildren.
Before teaching at Snow College, he was offered a position at the newly founded LDS church college of Hawaii where he taught four years. While there, he served as Bishop of the Laie 2nd ward and was in charge of the Hukilau.
While his family was growing up the highlight of their summers was the seminar courses that their dad attended, such as Chuamash Indians in Santa Barbra CA, Anasazi sites at Mesa Verde, Chaco canyon and a population study at Appleton WI.
Daniel was known for his generous acts of charity towards those in need. He made it his goal to see that his children and grandchildren received a higher education and were able to invest in a home.
Daniel was famous for his lively performances on the guitar and harmonica at the Snow Follies and for being chosen favorite teacher many times. Altogether, Daniel thinks it has been a wonderful life.
Services will be held Friday December 30th at 12:00, with viewing from 10-11:30 at Ephraim Stake Center. Interment in the Ephraim Park Cemetery. Online condolence rasmussenmortuary.com

15 Responses to “Daniel G. Witt”

1. Ruth Aycock Holmes says:

I am in shock. As I am sure all of you Witts are. As a second dad to me, he taught me how to laugh, how to think, how to live a wonderful life and how to raise a remarkable family. My heart goes out to all of you.
    Please know I am grateful in one regard…my dad has a friend now in heaven.
    Love Ruth

2. Jim Foote says:

So sorry for your loss…

3. Noelapo'omaikalani Ioane says:

Dr. Witt taught my dad at Church College of Hawai’i and absolutely floored me on my first day in his Anthropology class at Snow College. He not only pronounced “Noelapo’omaikalani” flawlessly but he also said, “You must be Pitone’s daughter.”

He was a man of great intellect but never made me feel like I was not able to keep up with him. I enjoyed his humor and how interesting he made learning. I wish I had his ability to remember my students’ names and faces the way he did. He was a treasure and will be missed.

Alofaaga,
    Noelani

4. Rick Dove says:

I love Dan. Without a doubt one of the greatest teachers I’ve ever worked with. Friend and colleague. My heart goes out to the family. I cherish my memories of your mom and dad.

5. Wendy childs says:

So sorry to hear this news. Kathleen, I knew your dad from attending college. He was a wonderful, happy, kind man. I am sorry for your loss, but from the obituary I see he has left a happy, positive attitude and a wonderful legacy of service and faith. What a great life to have lived. You guys are such a wonderful family. I pray for your hearts during this time of separation until you are all reunited eternally. Love- Wendy Childs

6. Blake Nielson says:

So sorry for your loss Dan was always so kind to me, from our old south ward days to my time and Snow, where I saw first had what a great teacher he was. Sending prayers your way at this difficult time. Sincerely Blake

7. Robert and Rae Ann Tibbs says:

We are so sorry to hear of Dan’s passing. What a wonderful neighborhood dad he was to all of us. I still remember his silver dollar pancakes and his caring for me when I had a bicycle accident nearby. We loved having the Witt family as neighbors! God bless each of you at this time. Much love, Robert and Rae Ann Rasmuson Tibbs

8. Scott Findlay says:

Sincere condolences to the Witt family at this time of mourning. I have many memories of “Mr. Witt” including church lessons, and classes at Snow College. He was a wonderful teacher and talented musician who contributed much to the community. What a wonderful legacy he leaves.

9. Cathi Schmitz says:

Katie & Dan, what a remarkable life lived by a remarkable man. My condolences to all your family. I miss everyone in the Kaysville 2nd!

10. Gary Hansen says:

Great man my condolences to the family we’ll miss him

11. Greg Gherkins says:

Bro Witt was a good memory for me, as a young child 10-15 years old(1970-75) he was a good memory of the South Ward, always took the time to shake my hand and say hello. One of the good guys.

12. Georgia B Thompson says:

I was sorry to learn of the passing of Dan Witt. He and a daughter came many years ago to a summer archeology field school in the Tuweep area of the Grand Canyon offered by Southern Utah University (then it was Southern Utah State College). He was a delightful addition to our program and a good “mature” student. His desire to learn and his ease with all students added to the richness of our school that summer. Sorry to be so slow in offering my condolences but I just learned of his passing. May his family be blessed at this time! I saw him a few times over the years on visits to the Snow College campus. He was a delightful person to know.

13. Cremas: Continuamos con los iniciadores de erección, y en este caso mencionamos las cremas, son tópicos de aplicación externa, sobre los cuerpos cavernosos; ayudan a la dilatación de las venas y a la erección. La eyaculación precoz es la aparición de una eyaculación prematura en el hombre, puede presentarse segundos después de la penetración o incluso antes de la misma.

14. tableta says:

Existen estudios prospectivos de seguridad ocular que apoyan la baja probabilidad de sufrir alteraciones oculares serias.

15. Muchos hombres desean hacer el amor toda la noche y satisfacer plenamente a su pareja, pero no pueden hacerlo debido a su problema sexual.