Joseph Sterling Hanks

4/26/1933 ~ 5/19/2017

HanksJosephJoseph Sterling Hanks, 1933-2017, Skyline Mountain Resort | Fairview, Utah, Born April 26th in Teasdale, Utah to Urban Van Hanks and Lena Gwen Allen. Died May 19th in the arms of his beloved and devoted wife Janis.
Preceded in death by his parents and two brothers, Gordon and Maynard Hanks.
Survived by wife Janis, sisters Mary Ellen Potter and Raema Christensen, brother Walter E. Hanks, and children Allison/Rawlin, Jeffrey Gordon/Julie, Stephanie/Joli, Sterling Todd/Steven, Michelle/Noah, Joseph Darin, Joseph Sterling Jr./Lisa, 8 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held Thursday, May 25th at 11:00 a.m. at the Mount Pleasant North Stake Center (461 N. 300 W.). Visitation Wednesday from 6-8 p.m., and a final viewing Thursday from 9:30-10:30 a.m., both at the Stake Center. Interment will be in the Mount Pleasant Cemetery, where military honors will be provided by The American Legion. Online condolence rasmussenmortuary.com

12 Responses to “Joseph Sterling Hanks”

1. Scott and Gayle Randall says:

Our love and prayers are with Janis and her family at this time. Joe was a good man with a loving, kind heart. He was always anxious to look after the welfare of everyone he met. He touched many lives and helped a lot of people find a home in their dream location. He blessed our lives in that way. We will miss his kind, gentle voice and his care and concern for us. Joe now has a beautiful peaceful place to live just as he always wanted to help others to find . . .

2. John and Mary Furness says:

We love Joe and Janis and we appreciated Joe’s love and kindness for us. Very helpful in buying and selling lots and cabins for us and many others. We doubt anyone can ever have the knowledge that Joe had concerning the resort, he knew everything and everyone and considered everyone a friend. We pray for Janis to feel the love and comfort of our Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost durning this difficult and trying time.
    We love you,
    John and Mary

3. Ross Shelley says:

We express our sympathy to you and your family at this difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

4. David Cagle says:

Janis and Family, I have always thought of you and Joe, I’m Saddened by this news. Please accept my Sympathy plus my Thoughts and Prayers. I Loved Joe like a Brother, enjoyed his company. Joe was one of the Best men I ever have met. I will try and get down there to pay my Respects. I’m So Blessed having Joe touch and be apart of my life down here on earth. I’m Heartbroken and very Sorry we lost such a caring and Wonderful man. Joe made an Impression on me and I will Never forget him. May God Bless Janis and Family Always. Joe fulfilled his Mission he was gave asked to do in making this a better place to live. I know he is sitting next to our Father in Heaven. Love you all Hanks Family, Dave

5. Paul & Penny Hamilton says:

Janis and family, how saddened we were to learn of our long time friends’ passing. He spent much of his life helping and lifting others always in a quiet caring way. Our area will not be quite the same without that loving smile and firm desire to do all he could for those in need. We shall never forget our wonderful times in the old Mt. Pleasant 1st Ward with him and his wonderful wife, partner, and friend, Janis. Our greatest sadness is for those remaining and especially Janis. He is in a far greater place and knows no pain or sorrow. We believe he received that, “Well done, good and faithful servant,” as spoken of in Matthew 25. Our hearts, prayers, love and eternal wishes are with you Janis and your family.

Paul & Penny

6. Sindee Morgan says:

Janis and Family–I am so sorry to hear this. I have always really like Joe, he was always very kind to us and we loved talking to him. My condolences to you and your family.

7. Stan & Erna Blank/Family says:

We are sorry for your loss Janis and Family. We will miss seeing Joe up at the Resort. Our sympathy and heartfelt condolences go out to you All.
    Stan & Erna

8. Janis and Family, it is with heartfelt sympathy and condolences our Family sends to yours. We will miss seeing Joe up at the Resort.
    Stan and Erna

9. Bill & Arvella Crawford says:

Our condolences to Janis and her family with Joe’s passing. He was a very good man, would help with anything he could. His absence will be felt.

10. Janis and family, our sincere condolence for your loss.unfortunately we will not be in town to attend the services but wanted you to know our thoughts and prayers are with you. Mr Joe was a very influential attribute to my life.His kind ways and belly laugh will be in my heart always! He has earned his place in heaven for all he did for others and the community! It takes a angel to become one and he truly was one! Xoxo
    The Jenkins

April,Bruce,Madison and Andea

11. Jim and Donnalee Thornton says:

Hi to our special friends. We mourn with you in your loss and having both been there also feel your pain. You are in our prayers. We love you and express our love to all the family, as well. How blessed we are in that we have the knowledge of the gospel and His Eternal plan.

12. Nephew says:

Sorry I missed your funeral …you always treated me good…I love you Uncle Joseph and Aunt Janis