Shauna Lee Van Orman Allen

10/20/1970 ~ 7/23/2017

AllenShaunaCropShauna Lee Van Orman Allen, our dearly loved daughter, wife, mother, sister, grandmother and friend, passed away at age 46 on July 23, 2017, following a traffic accident near Roosevelt, Utah. Shauna, the oldest daughter of J. Gibb and Sheryl Lee Pratt Van Orman, was born on October 20, 1970, in Provo, Utah.
Throughout her life, Shauna was passionate about learning new things. In her teen years, she enjoyed cooking, playing piano, singing, dressing her siblings up for plays and skits produced solely by her. She also sewed Cabbage Patch dolls that she sold for $25 each. Eventually, she graduated to making and selling beautiful porcelain dolls, complete with amazing, frilly, lace dresses. Shauna loved feminine things, and throughout her life, she was a refined lady!
Shauna attended Provost Elementary and Farrer JHS before graduating from Timpview HS in May 1988. Soon after graduation from high school, she received her associate degree from UVSC as an executive secretary.
Shauna married her sweetheart, Derryk Clyff Allen, in the Salt Lake LDS Temple on June 3, 1988. They are very best friends and spent all their free time together. They have been happily married for 29 years and were blessed with 8 children, 5 boys and 3 girls. Her education was put on hold while her children were young. Her family is the biggest joy in her life. She and Derryk have taught and loved them devotedly, and, to their credit, all their children are the “Cream of the Crop.” After her children were all in school, Shauna went back to school also. She juggled motherhood, running a large household and her education for over 10 years, finally receiving her Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Nursing. At the time of her death, she was working for Intermountain Healthcare helping people manage their health. Last week, she was promoted to a new position and was excited for this new adventure in helping people in her community.
As a faithful lifelong member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, she has served in many positions in every auxiliary organization. She particularly loved working with her own daughters in YW. Her life exemplifies all the finest qualities, including those in the YW theme.
We grieve, not without hope, but because we all love our sweet Shauna so very much! Because of our magnificent Savior and His atoning sacrifice, we know we will mingle and laugh and love with her again at some future day!
Shauna is survived by her husband, Derryk Clyff Allen and 8 children: Tanner (Chelsie) Allen (Rosalynn, Alice, Everly); Tyler (Brittney) Allen (Clyff, Emma); Tasha (Kaydon) Stubbs; Jared, Tucker (Missionary in Zimbabwe), Taft, Tawnee and Josclynn Allen; parents: James Gibb and Sheryl Lee Pratt Van Orman; Myrna Allen and the late Clyff Allen; siblings: Chad (Katherine) Van Orman; Tamara (Craig) Peterson; Dustin (Josie) Van Orman; Kevin (Katherina) Van Orman; Rochelle (Matt) Rumsey; Hannah (Sam) Doty; Tiffany (Brian) Thomas and Lacey (Brett) Miller; Jerye (R’dell) Lee; Dustyn (Kamie) Allen; Ryial (Nicole) Allen; Alyshia (Mike) Robison and Clyfton (Amanda) Allen. She is also survived by many aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews and oodles of friends! We are sure her grandparents, father-in-law and many other loved ones are greeting her in a joyous reunion on the other side of the veil.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, July 29, 2017; at 11:00 a.m. in the Moroni LDS Stake Center (82 N Center St., Moroni, UT) Friends and family are invited to come celebrate her life at a viewing held on Friday, July 28, 2017, from 6 to 8:00pm and Saturday from 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. prior to the services both held at the church. Interment in the Wales Town Cemetery. Online condolence rasmussenmortuary.com; donations can be made at youcaring.com/shaunaallen

13 Responses to “Shauna Lee Van Orman Allen”

1. Rita Alegria says:

It was such a pleasure working with Shauna in our new positions. I knew her only for such a short time but she had a way of bringing joy and happiness to any of the worst situations. Shauna,you will be sorely missed in our little group of CMRCs. May God Bless your family and pour out his blessings for strength upon them.

2. Heather Tomlin says:

Allen Family,

I am so very sorry. Shauna was always a ray of sunshine in my day at work. She is a true example of friendship and kindness. She leaves a great legacy to be proud of. I am so grateful for the gospel and knowledge that families are forever. I pray that you will find comfort and strength. Love to all of you.

3. Laurie Lovell says:

I am so very sorry for your loss. I didn’t know Shauna well but I wish I did after reading your beautiful tribute. I am glad you have your faith to help you find comfort and strength in this tragedy. God bless you all. Thank you for sharing Shauna with us.

4. Russ Stewart says:

Derryk and Family,
    You are in my prayers. Words cannot convey my feelings of sympathy for your loss. I ask the Lord to lift you all and carry you through this time of mourning with his Holy Spirit. Shauna was so great to work with and I loved talking with her when I went to her office. What a lovely person. I am blessed for having know her. God bless and comfort you all.

5. Ron Hayes says:

Our deepest condolences to Derryk and the family. She touched so many lives for good during her mortal sojourn. May the Lord’s comforting peace envelope you, especially during the darkest times.

6. Dearest Sheryl and Gibb –
    Our hearts ache for your loss. But, with the hope and faith that Shauna is with her grandparents and other loving family we know you will be with her again.

7. Dear Gibb and Sheryl,
    McCall told us of the tragic loss of your beautiful daughter, Shauna. We send our love and deepest sympathy to you and your family. I didn’t know her, but I know you, and that makes her wonderful! May Heavenly Father’s choicest blessings be with you and your family during this difficult time. We ache for you but are so grateful for the knowledge we have of life beyond the grave. She is in a wonderful place, and you will all be united with her someday; at least that knowledge will give you peace.

8. Marla and Jim Hicks says:

Dear Derryk and Family,

Our hearts go out to you with the loss of your beloved Shauna. I know that many people throughout Sanpete County are grieving her loss. Praying that you and your loved ones will be blessed with peace and the knowledge that your love is eternal. Much love to you and yours, Derryk.

9. Terri Joyner says:

No words can be expressed to share how I feel! I was a Young Women’s President years ago and Shauna was one of “My Girls”. I worked at Utah Valley Hospital 34 yrs and wish I would have known she was working there too! I had not ever seen her again since I moved as she hadn’t graduated from high school yet! I remember going to Timpview high School where we went as a group with the Young Women to Watch Shauna Compete in a Talent Competition! I remember how well she and her siblings were raised and how well they all got along! She was as much a Mother to her siblings as her own Sweet Mother! I loved just watching that family on Sundays! I keep your Dear family in my Prayers that somehow You All will find Peace and Comfort! I have loved hearing so many wonderful stories of Shauna’s life after Young Women! I feel Blessed that I knew her those early years! She will always be close and still looking over her Family more now than she ever could on Earth! You will feel her close through the rest of your life! I so know this to be True! Remember… Pull your Handcart Just one more mile.. one more mile… Just one more mile… “All Is Well… All is Well”!!

10. Kirk Blad says:

Derryk & Family:

Thank you for sharing your beloved Shauna with us at Intermountain and know that while she will be greatly missed, her legacy of love, service and kindness will live on forever. Shauna was truly an amazing person, a compassionate caregiver and a natural leader. She always wore a smile and possessed a contagious zest for life that made others always feel comfortable and want to do and be their best. May God bless you at this time with his comforting Spirit and may your minds and hearts be filled wth precious memories of your wonderful wife and mother.

11. David Yei says:

Dear Allen Family,

I worked many years with your father who imparted wisdom to me by sharing stories of both Shauna and the children of the Allen family. Still today I reflect upon our discussions and many different life events that unfolded over time

Please accept my deepest heart felt condolences for the loss of your Daughter, Wife, Mother and Friend. As you can see she made a habit of positively impacting those around her over the course of her life. She will be missed by many.

Thoughts and prayers to all

Very Respectfully,
    David Yei

12. Karen Godfrey Hamilton says:

We are heartbroken to learn of our beautiful and talented cousin and niece Shauna’s passing. Words fall way short of the combined feelings of shock, sorrow, sympathy, and gratitude for her sweet personality, righteous example, and selfless earthly life. Love and hugs from all of our family members to all of yours. Karen & Jeff Hamilton, Aunt Ann & Uncle Lorin Godfrey, and family

13. Allen and Valene Sessions says:

Dear Gibb and Sheryl,

We were so very sad to hear of Shauna’s passing. Our hearts ache for you and our prayers are with you.

Allen and Valene Sessions