Jeffrey Swasey

3/20/1962 ~ 1/29

Swasey JeffCropJeffrey Lynn Swasey, age 55, of Las Vegas, Nevada, died January 29, 2018 at the Utah Valley Hospital in Provo, Utah. He passed away as a result of complications following a stroke.
He is survived by his parents, Vernon and Sandra Stewart Swasey, and four brothers, Michael Swasey (Renee), Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Brent Swasey (Laurie), Spanish Fork, Utah, Kevin Swasey (Kelly), Payson, Utah, and Steven Swasey (Becky), Spanish Fork, Utah. He was an uncle to twelve nephews and nine nieces, and a great-uncle to three great-nephews and one great-niece.
Jeff was born in Nephi, Utah and spent his formative years growing up in Mt. Vernon, Missouri. He attended the University of Missouri, Columbia later transferring on a debate scholarship to Brigham Young University where he earned a B.S. Degree in Business Management/Finance. He later earned a B.A. in French from the University of Nevada Las Vegas.
Jeff was an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He served a full time mission to Paris, France and fulfilled many callings including leadership, scouting, teaching, and working with the youth. Jeff attended the temple faithfully.
Professionally, Jeff worked for Ford Motor Credit for over twenty years and later for Expedia, Inc.
He loved to travel, including several trips to France, Utah fishing, and was an avid sports fan and most of all enjoyed spending time with his family and friends.
Funeral services will be held Friday, February 2nd at 2 pm at the Indianola Ward Chapel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 8000 E 36500 N, Indianola, UT 84629. Friends and family may gather at 1:00 pm. Service at 2:00 pm. Interment will follow the services at the Fairview City Cemetery in Fairview, Utah.
In lieu of flowers please consider donations to:

The Boys Scouts of America

or

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Missionary Fund

36 Responses to “Jeffrey Swasey”

1. Nick and Mary Ryan says:

Nick and Mary send our love to you and your family.

2. Dear Sandra,
    With sadness I read of the passing of your son. Sending you sympathy with much love and many prayers.
    Love,
    Kathleen Larsen Johnson

3. Jim Hopson says:

I has the pleasure of being Jeff’s supervisor at Expedia several years ago. He was a kind and gentle man. I am so very sorry for your loss.

4. Karen & Jim Bissonnette says:

Vern and Sandy – Sending you our love, prayers and sympathy at this time – I can’t even begin to imagine what you are going through. Jeff will be missed but what a wonderful addition he is to those on the other side of the veil

5. Larry & Sandi Faria says:

To the Swasey Family,
    Our sincere prayers of peace and comfort at this time of your lost. We love you all

6. Jodi S Amber says:

So sad to here of Jeff’s passing. I sit next to him at Expedia and became close friends with Jeff. We would always talk about going fishing and where’s the best place to go. His last vacation he took was to Moab and he stopped in Green River at a restaurant and they had a “Swasey” special that he ordered. He thought that was pretty neat that there was food named after him.

Our hearts go out to the family, but we all know he’s in a better place now.

Good bye for now my friend.

Jodi and the entire Expedia GDS Team

7. Francine Scharff says:

My deepest condolences to the family, I also worked with Jeff at Expedia, he was a very nice man who loved talking about his time with his family. We all miss you Jeff, Rest In Peace.

8. Deana Thompson says:

My sincere condolences to the Family he spoke of all of you frequently.Jeff was so genuine so sweet and very funny, I will miss all our sports talks/debates and all the laughs we had while working the night shift. Rest Easy My Friend

9. Jeff was our dear friend. We loved him dearly. He was the BEST Sunday School President EVER….always THERE. Always willing to pick up the slack when one of us couldn’t be there. When I think of Valiant, I think of Jeff. Rest in peace, dear friend, until we meet again. Much love to your sweet family!

10. Bill and Leslie Sweet says:

We are sad to hear the news of Jeff’s passing. May you know that your family are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you!

11. Jeff and Aprilynne Barrett says:

Jeff was a wonderful hometeacher to our family in Las Vegas. We are so sad to hear of Jeff’s passing! Our prayers are with his family. Sincerest Condolences!

12. Janice Falls-Winden says:

Dear Swasey family – words can not express the profound sorrow felt by your loss. We will always cherish our family experiences with your crew. Please know you are in our prayers. We love you.

13. Corey Hendrickson says:

It was my pleasure to know Jeff. He was a good friend of mine and I will truly miss him. We took several fishing trips over the years and I enjoyed our trips and visits. He was a good friend of hours and would often visit us around the holidays and bring us his signature gift of a popcorn tin. One year he brought us a doggie cookie jar which we will always cherish. A gentle man with a kind heart. I will always cherish the time we worked together at ford credit and the many fishing trips. I will also cherish the kind heart and his love of the gospel. I will miss him. Our prayers are with you. Love Corey and Tara Hendrickson and kids.

14. Heather (Falls) Willard says:

I think my favorite memories of Jeff are playing card games, in Pierce City, on our living room floor. While the rest of us were laughing and joking around, he was quietly cornering the markets on grain! He would just humbly smile when we all realized he had won – AGAIN.

Jeff had such a great smile, a kind disposition, and was good to his dear mother!

So sorry for the empty place he has left in your hearts. We will be praying for the wonderful Swasey family.

15. Angela Gubler says:

Jeff will truly be missed. He had a strong testimony and he was always willing to share it. Prayers to those he has left behind.

16. Susannah (Howell) Coleman says:

Dear Swasey’s,

I am saddened to hear you all are facing this time of parting. Grief hurts. And you are such terrifically good people, that none of us who have had the gift of knowing you, want to think of you in sorrow. May the Lord quickly replace the sadness with comfort, the hurt with hope.
    Your family occupies space in my earliest memories of childhood all the way into adulthood, and I’m grateful for the love and generous spirit you’ve shown me, and my family. Jeff was exemplary at this. He offered kindness, encouragement, friendship, and a sense of humor at a difficult time. You are in my thoughts and prayers,

Much Love,
    Susannah

17. Bill and Karen Leeper says:

We were shocked and sadden to hear the news and our prayers are with your family. We’re happy to find out that he had a lifetime of scouting adventures. He will be missed.

18. Lauren Snyder says:

I am saddened to hear of Jeff’s passing. I only worked with Jeff briefly, but am so thankful for that time I got to know him. Jeff was always so caring. He was hard working, but always found time to share a laugh or smile. He will be missed. Swasey Family, you are in my thoughts.

19. Leta Keeton says:

I am sorry for your loss.

20. Mina Farag says:

There are no words to express my sorrow for your loss. I had the pleasure being Jeff’s supervisor at Expedia. He was a great man and we already miss him a lot here!! Rest in peace kind man.

21. Sandra and Vernon,
    With love and sorrow in our hearts We are sending prayers to you and your family of the passing of your Son. It is hard to loose a loved one but there is joy in knowing that his suffering has end and he is in a much better place. We love you guys, Ron no Kathie Giles.

22. Ivy Kemp says:

Very sorry for your loss. I worked with Jeff for a few years and he would always say hello. Rest in peace Jeff

23. Sandra and Vern,

I just heard about Jeff’s passing. I can’t imagine the pain of losing a child. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

With Sincere Sympathy,

Susan

24. Carla (Gaddy) Mobley says:

Dear Swasey Family,
    I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for you to have the peace of God’s Grace during this difficult time.

25. Joe Garoutte says:

So sorry for the loss of Jeff. Our thoughts and prayers for comfort and peace are with you all.
    Joe and Anne Garoutte

26. Ruthie says:

I love you all and wish I could be there. Jeff always made me laugh!

27. Wayne and Carol Echols says:

Dear Swasey Family,
    Hopefully knowing that so many love you and share your loss is some comfort now. The memories go way back. Those memories seem to all have the elements of fun and laughter. We wish we could be with you on Friday as you pay honor to a wonderful person.

Love from the Echols Family

28. Joe Sebestyen says:

Dear Mike and family,

I am sorry to hear of the loss of Jeffrey. Please accept our deepest sympathy. May the joy of remembering your brother soon overcome your sorrow.

Joe and Nancy Sebestyen

29. James Crank says:

Dear Mike,
    Loss is never easy for those of us left behind..Scott and I express our sincerest condolences.
    Hang in there….

30. Denise Brenner says:

My condolences to Jeff’s family. I worked with him at Expedia and shared his love of the outdoors. I will miss seeing him at work, his smile, and his kind and gentle nature. Having Jeff there always seemed to make any day brighter.

31. Doug Maxwell says:

Jeff was my debate partner and roommate at BYU. What a huge loss. He was such a good man and friend. I will miss him. condolences to his family. I am sure that the hosts of Heaven welcomed him with loving embraces.

32. Amy Wilkinson Cloud says:

Dear Swasey Family,
    I am so sorry to hear about the sudden passing of Jeff. I have fond memories of associating with all of you while our family lived in Missouri. May our Father in Heaven bring solace to your hearts and minds at this tender time.

Sincerely,

Amy

33. Dave & Jennifer Smith says:

Dear Vern & Sandy, We are so sad to hear about Jeff’s passing. May peace and comfort find you as you grieve and remember his life. He was always so funny and friendly! Love The Smiths

34. Dick & Cammie Wilkinson says:

Dear Swasey Family, So sorry to hear of your loss. Jeff will always been remembered in our family. What a great son and brother. Our prayers and thoughts go out to you and hope you find peace. We are sure he was welcomed back with open arms.

Love The Wilkinsons

35. Hulet family says:

Brother swasey had such a positive impact on our family as our faithful home teacher. He always asked our children if they needed a specific blessing in the prayer and always gave them challenges (with rewards) to improve themselves. We love him and he’ll be missed.

36. Thomas and Laura Alms says:

Dear Swasey family:
    We finally saw the notification and are greatly saddened about Jeff’s passing. We will always remember Jeff and the rest of your family while we were here together in the Monett ward in MO. Vernon was our first home teacher. May peace be unto all of you.