Ronald Blaine Stapley

9/10/1936 ~ 5/31/2018

Ronald B. StapleyYoungCropRonald B. StapleyCropRonald Blaine Stapley was born on September 10, 1936 and passed away on May 31, 2018 at the age of 81. Ron was the second child of three born to Edna Heaton Stapley and Blaine Stapley.

Ron was raised in Cedar City, Utah, served an LDS mission in Hawaii where he was given the name Kamaka by the Saints of Maui, and studied chemistry at the University of Utah and Utah State University. Over the summer breaks, Ron worked as a tour bus driver for the Utah Parks System. During the summer of 1959 he met Julie Ann Nielson, a fellow Aggie who worked as a cashier and singer in the Grand Canyon Lodge. Ron proposed to Julie in February and they were sealed in marriage in the Manti Temple on July 29, 1960. Julie and Ron both graduated in 1961 and Ron took a job with the Carnation Company in Van Nuys California, a job that took him to Bellevue, Washington, and eventually to Platte City, Missouri.

Ron and Julie have five children: R. Lind, Wendy, Craig, Christopher, and Jonathan, all of whom survive with Julie. Ron is also survived by his two siblings, Kent and Marilyn. Ron was the grandfather to nineteen grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren.

Ron was a proficient manager at work, a dedicated volunteer at church, and a father who loved his wife and children dearly. His callings in the church ranged from eleven-year old scout leader to stake president. He and Julie traveled the world, leaving no fruit-stand unpatronized. Half the joy of travelling was the knowledge that upon return, they could replicate the tastes of their adventures in their kitchen, a place where in his later years, Ron grew familiar. The best times were around that room’s table, where Ron loved to join Julie with his children and grandchildren eating, talking, memorizing the periodic table of elements, and playing card games.

Ron recognized chemistry outside of his profession. He saw it in the fireworks that marked summers with unrivaled volume. He saw it in the painted canyons of his youth. It was the source of lingering illness, and the pathway to health. He saw it in his candy, handfuls of which graced his suit pockets.

Ron wanted his children do and be better than he was and loved them fiercely regardless.

Graveside services will be held Monday June 11, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. in the Ephraim Park Cemetery with a visitation from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the Ephraim LDS Stake Center prior to services under the care of Rasmussen Mortuary.

11 Responses to “Ronald Blaine Stapley”

1. Karma Schmidt says:

I love you Uncle Ron. Safe journey until we meet again.

2. Earl & Leslie Clark says:

Dear Julie and Family, I was saddened to hear about Ron. Please know of our concern for all of you and accept our deepest sympathy at this tender time. May you find peace and comfort from Heavenly Father.

Earl and Leslie Jensen Clark

3. Michael McKee says:

Dear Julie and family,

I was so sorry to hear of Ron’s passing. I loved and appreciated the blessing of working with him in the Stake Presidency. It was a faith promoting experience. Nadine and I wish you and the family the best, Ron will be missed but he finished his mission here and is needed elsewhere. May the Lord’s blessing be with you during this time and the future.

Sincerely,
    Michael and Nadine McKee

4. Tom & Lori Kissinger says:

Dearest Julie and family,
    Our deepest heartfelt sympathy during this difficult time.

5. Scott and Kelly Kozak says:

Julie,

We want to express how sad we were when we heard of Ron’s passing. We were so thankful and had such great appreciation for the blessing the two of you were to us as we served with you in the Denver Temple.

We wish you and your family peace and comfort as you move forward without Ron.

All the best.

6. ingrid fuhriman says:

Julie, Ron will be missed by all of us and the world. Our deepest sympathy to you and your fine family. I pray for peace for all of you. you will be together again.

7. April & Aaron Jacob says:

Oh, we love you both! We are so grateful for the wise, loving, supportive influence Brother Stapley had in our lives. You two are forever a couple we look up and want to be more like. Julie, we hope you find peace, healing, and comfort in the coming months and know that angels will be with you. Sending all our love! – The Jacobs

8. Dale and Karen Petersen says:

Julie,
    We cherish the association we enjoyed with you as temple ordinance workers. You are great examples of showing kindness to all, the importance of families and your eternal companionship. Our thoughs and prayers are with you and your family as you cope with the loss of your cherished companion.

9. Norman Kerr says:

My condolences to the Ron Stapley family. Ron was my Sunday school teacher in the early 60’s at the Van Nuys First Ward. Back then, I was somewhat of a rambunctious teenager and most of the members of the ward had a low opinion of me – except for Ron. Ron greeted me in a friendly matter, asked me how I was doing, and always made me feel like a person of worth. I was very disappointed when the family moved out the ward. It would probably amused Ron to know that teenage boy became a high school chemistry teacher. I do not remember many people in the old ward and almost nobody by their name. Ron’s influence has lasted me my entire life. He was a good man and will be missed.

Norman Kerr

10. Mary Ann Johnson Harvey says:

Julie and family: As most of you know, Ron was my bishop through my teen years. I remember how he focused on the youth and knew when something was wrong. He gave me wise counsel in dealing with something that was completely out of my control, but hurt none the less. He also told me at another time and I truly believed it when he said that if I was to do anything that would hurt my membership in the church, it would devastate him. As much as Ron was the father of the ward, Julie you were the mother! We had so many fun ward activities, productions and gatherings! I have never forgot when we sang the parody song “The Weed” with all the piousness we could muster without starting to laugh!! Wonderful memories! My the Lord bless your family with peace! Much Love!

11. Dongho and Kwiyong Bang says:

We were so sad to hear the news of President Stapley’s passing. We loved and respected him so much, and are grateful for his and Julie’s friendship and kindness. We have missed our frequent associations of the past, and now while we are halfway around the world, we feel the separation even more.

Thank you, Julie, for sharing President Stapley with us and others, and for your love and friendship.