Loran Spencer Christensen

1/10/1978 ~ 7/2/1018

ChristensenLoranCropLoran Spencer Christensen was born January 10, 1978 in Mount Pleasant, Utah. He was the son of James and Leslee Christensen. He passed away unexpectedly July 2, 2018.
At a young age he showed an exceptional vocabulary and imagination well beyond his years and enjoyed entertaining others telling stories and jokes. He loved going to check the turkeys every evening at about sundown with his mom, dad and three brothers. As he got older he enjoyed many hobbies including reading, martial arts, sports, hunting, fishing, golfing, geocaching and fantasy football. He graduated from North Sanpete High School and then attended Snow College. As a boy he earned the rank of Eagle Scout and later served an honorable mission in Eugene, Oregon. He was currently employed as a supervisor at Teleperformance USA where he enjoyed his coworkers and his career.
He is survived by his parents, brothers Erick (Kassy), Barry (Carrie), Danny and loved nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be held Saturday July 7, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. in the Moroni LDS Stake Center. Viewings will be held Friday July 6, 2018 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. prior to services both at the church. Interment in the Moroni City Cemetery. Online condolences at rasmussenmortuary.com

20 Responses to “Loran Spencer Christensen”

1. Newell and Zella Christensen says:

Dear Christensen family,
    We were so sorry to hear of your loss.
    We send our deepest sympathy

2. Hannah Noorlander Caldwell says:

I am so sorry for your family’s loss. Loran always stood out to those who met him and he will be missed.

3. D. C. says:

I am very sorry for your loss. May the many happy memories you shared together be a source of comfort to you in the days ahead. And may you find hope in God’s promise to soon undo ‘all tears, mourning, pain and even death’ Rev. 21:4. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

4. Emily Waters says:

So sorry. Many fond memories of my little cousin. May his reunion in heaven with Grandma and Grandpa be joyful.

5. Angelique Wiens says:

I am so Sorry for your loss, Loran was an amazing man so helpfully and happy everytime I saw he at Teleproformane he was always helping and making wise jokes and lifting everyone a sports he was an amazing man and he touched so many lives in so many positive ways! He will be very missed!

6. Gary Parnell says:

We are sorry to hear of this sad news. Our Jenny sent us a link to the story. We will keep you in our prayers.

Gary and Katie Parnell

7. Pat Robertson says:

Jeff and I are so sorry for your loss. We send our deepest sympathy.

8. Terry Johansen says:

Jim….so sorry for your loss…May the Lord Bless and comfort you and your family at this time…

9. Tessa Carter says:

He will be so missed. He had wisdom to share and laughs to give. He was always so willing to help and step up at work. He really was an all around great man.

10. Connie Ames says:

My heart goes out to you. It is always hard to let our loved ones go. May you be blessed and comforted with the love of Heavenly Father and all your many friends.

11. Alyssa Wolf says:

I am so sorry to hear of Loran’s passing. He was my English student at Snow College, he came to Native American ceremonies that I attended a number of years ago, and we kept in touch over the years. What a beautiful man. I can still hear his laugh–he brought a lot of joy into the world. May all of you have peace and feel the grace of the Spirit at this time of transition. Many blessings.

12. Gene & Julie Christensen says:

Cousin Jim and Leslie Christensen: we are so sorry about the passing of your son Loren. May our Heavenly Father bless you and your family at this time. It’s hard to loose one of your children but the Lord blesses you and helps your understanding so you can deal with your loss. Our prayers are with you. You have our condolences. Gene and Julie

13. Nicole M Anderson says:

Cousin Jim & Leslie, We are so sorry about the loss of your son Loren. Blessings to you and yours in this time of grief. Love, Nicole

14. Ryan Smith says:

I am so saddened by the news of Loran’s passing. I knew him from going to school with him at NSHS. He was so full of energy and excitement for life. While we weren’t particularly close friends, it didn’t matter. Loran was very kind and respectful to almost everyone he met. My condolences and prayers for his surviving family. He is smiling down on the rest of us right now.

15. Curt and Maureen Lund says:

Jim and Leslie, We are so sorry about the passing of Loren. May the Lord wrap his arms around you and comfort you and your family. We are so thankful for the plan that we will see our loved ones again. Our prayers are with you, All of our love to you.

16. Blake says:

Loran! You are one of my favorite people! When I served with you in the OEM we were kindred spirits. There is no one who ever got the jokes we told or the weird quirky movie lines like you did. I am so heart broken to learn of your passing. I will truly miss you! Words can not express how unimaginabley cool you are and how this world will miss you. Nothing I can say will be enough. Please please keep in touch!

17. Roger and Judy Christensen says:

Jim and Leslee:
    We were surprised to hear about Loran. Our kids are supposed to outlive us. Sometimes it doesn’t work that way. We have a 2 year old daughter that checked out on us and it was very difficult.
    Marge gave me a call on Friday night and told me what happened. Marge is amazing and at her age she is still strong and active with several more years to go.
    Our prayers and sympathy are with you and your family.
    Roger and Judy

18. Brandon Blackham says:

Loran will be missed! He was a person that could make you have a laugh at the most random comment from him. Loran was easy going, very relaxed, with a huge heart that would do anything for anybody. In a world where it’s all about self gradification and all seriousness this world needs a lot more Loran’s I pray that our Heavenly Father will look down and bless his family in this time of need.

19. Maureen Bailey Reading says:

Jim, Leslee and boys…..love you all.

20. Maria Aagard says:

Jim, Leslee and family,

I was saddened to hear of Loran recently passing away. I’m so sorry for this unexpected loss of your dear son and brother. May you continue to be blessed with peace during this difficult time, and may your knowledge of the gospel plan and seeing him again bring comfort.

Sending a hug your way!