David Wayne Beck

3/27/1954 ~ 7/28/2018

BeckDavidSiblings001CropDavid Wayne Beck, 64, of Mt. Pleasant, passed away July 28, 2018 at Utah Valley Hospital surrounded by his family. Born March 27, 1954 to Wayne George & LaRita Lucile Peterson Beck in Mt. Pleasant, UT. Married Lorna Rowe Beck March 5, 1994 in Mt. Pleasant, UT.
David had a great love of horses and was a jockey in his youth. He was a sports fanatic and his heart lied with the Dallas Cowboys and UofU Utes. He loved to go on vacations with his wife, spend time with his kids and grandkids, and their little dog Viena. Some of his favorite times were just hanging out with his sisters and their families. He cherished his relationship with his mother and father and dearly missed them.
Survived by his wife Lorna; children, Jacquie Wavra (Joey); Amanda Brown (Greg); Rodney Brown; sisters Diane (Kenneth) Lund; Lorie (Don) Hardy; grandchildren, Rylie, Ayden and Robert. Preceded in death by his parents and son Waylon Brown.
Funeral services will be held Friday August 3, 2018 at 12:00 noon in the Mt. Pleasant 5th Ward Chapel (49 S State) with a visitation one hour prior starting at 11:00 a.m. at the church. Interment in the Mt. Pleasant City Cemetery. Online condolence at rasmussenmortuary.com

11 Responses to “David Wayne Beck”

1. Rebecca Jones says:

We send our heart felt condolences and love to you and your family. God Bless you.

Love Rebecca Jones and family

2. My sympathy and heartfelt condolences to all of David’s family.
    RuthAnn Beck Simon

3. Connie Hatch says:

Lorna, Diane and Lorie, I am so sorry for the loss you are going through. My heart is with you all. Connie

4. Nanci Place DeKeyrel says:

I am so sorry for your loss.

5. Anonymous says:

We express our deep love & prayers to you and your family .May Heavenly Father bless you in your times of sorrow & comfort you ❤️
    Mary and Rod Anderson

6. Connie Ames says:

Dear Lorna, Diane, Lorie, and family:
    My heart hurts for you today. One of the hardest things we do in life is to part with those we love so much. I pray that you will be comforted, and remember all the good fun times you have shared with David. Please know that my love and sympathy are with you.

7. Mike & Reon Holden says:

Just know that we are thinking of all of you at this time, and pray that God will be with you, to help you through this difficult time.

Mike & Reon Holden

8. Terri Carlton says:

Diane So sorry for your loss of your brother he was a good man with a huge heart

9. Steve Christensen says:

I was a childhood friend of David. We lived just two blocks apart in our youth. I still remember calling when we had to tell the operator the number. Since David’s mother was the operator she already knew the number, but I was always as polite as possible, “1-2, please.” We spent many hours together doing everything from basketball to board games. I only found out today of his passing. Wish I had known sooner and I would certainly have attended the service. David was the best friend a guy could have.

10. Richard Graham says:

So sorry for your loss

11. Duane Hansen says:

David was small in size but large in kindness and competitiveness. I remember him running rings around the bigger guys at basketball games and running events. Sorry that he has gone so soon. We need to keep and cherish guys like him. Condolences to his family.