Colleen Hermansen

06/13/1946 ~ 08/05/2018

Colleen_NoOutlineCropEphraim, UT-Our loving mom, grandma, sister, and friend, Colleen Hermansen, passed away on August 5, 2018 after a long and courageous battle with many serious health issues. Colleen was born on June 13, 1946 to Carl and Blanche Barentsen. She married Morris Hermansen on July 30, 1965 in the Manti LDS Temple. He preceded her in death in 2013 after 48 years of marriage, and we picture a joyous reunion.

Colleen worked for Snow College for 29 years and will be remembered there for her dedication, hard work, meticulous minutes, and, most of all, her kindness. Faculty members, staff, and student workers could always be found in her office chatting with her because they were drawn to her presence where she lifted their spirits.

Colleen leaves behind a legacy of compassion, selflessness, and quiet generosity. She spent her entire life caring for, listening to, and serving her family, her many friends, and even strangers who were in need. She loved pretty things, butterflies, Christmas lights, newborn babies, autumn leaves, books, traveling, music, game shows, theater, Diet Coke, and, most of all, her children and grandchildren. She was a fabulous cook and baker. Many babies have been wrapped in her cozy crocheted-flannel blankets. While physically able, she never missed a performance, sporting event, or momentous occasion. Colleen was genuine and witty. We will miss the way she made each of us feel like we were amazing, talented, wonderful, and strong.

Colleen is survived by her children Gina Pinckney (Mike), Carl (Jeanie), Erica Hill (Anthony), and Cameron (Rachel). She is also survived by 11 grandchildren: Jacob, Zachary, Kaytlynn (TR), Carly, Mariah, Emily, Madelynn, Tyler, Sarah, Connor, and Tanner, who adored her and were the light of her life. She leaves behind siblings Joan Larsen (Dale) and Jerry Barentsen (DeAnn). Preceded in death by her husband, parents, and brother, Robert. We appreciate the loving care she received from Ashford Assisted Living. Funeral services will be held on Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 11 a.m. in the Ephraim LDS Stake Center located at 400 East Center Street. The family will greet friends Friday, August 10 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the church. In lieu of flowers, please help someone in need. Online condolence at rasmussenmortuary.com

12 Responses to “Colleen Hermansen”

1. Diane Gardner says:

My dear, sweet friend and 2nd cousin through marriage. You were always both kind and inspirational to me. I can hear your laughter when we chatted. I love you. I can’t think of Snow College without thinking of you. Thank you for blessing my life.

2. Troy Birch says:

Colleen, was a wonderful family friend and neighbor. She will be missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family.

3. Jean Beck says:

Colleen and I grew up together. She just lived a half block away. We went to the same schools and church. I loved her parents. We have so many good memories. She had a heart of gold. Feeling bad that she is gone. You have my sympathy.
    Jean Brotherson Beck

4. Earl & Leslie Clark says:

So sorry to hear of Colleen’s passing. She has struggled with health for many years, but she was always smiling, kind, and friendly whenever we met. I considered her a good friend. May you as her family feel the peace and comfort of Heavenly Father at this tender time.
    Leslie Clark

5. Rosie Connor says:

Colleen was such a blessing in my life. I wouldn’t have it through the first year at Snow College without her love and encouragement. She always expressed concern for me and my family. She used to call me “Rosie Posey” and always made me feel special. Her retirement left a hole in my heart at work. I love her and will always remember her loving kindness.

6. Steve Bennion says:

Colleen was hired by Snow College when we served there. She was always very pleasant, friendly and welcoming to the constant stream of people who came into the Academic Vice President’s office and area. Her interest in others and longtime residence in Ephraim and Sanpete made her such a valuable asset to the college. We send our sympathy to her family.

7. David R Willmore says:

Colleen was a good friend and a good wife and mother of her children. It was my privilege to be the home teacher to the Hermansen family for several years following their move into our ward. She has left a marvelous legacy at Snow College as well

8. Bonnie Mellor says:

For several years I was blessed to belong to the same book group as Colleen, her perspective, humor, and love of life were amazing; she also made the best refreshments ever. My sympathy to her family.

9. Paula Nunley says:

Just want you to know how much I loved both your mom and dad. I’m sad for me she’s gone but so excited for her. She had been wanting to be with Morris for so long. Sending my condolences.

10. Linda L. Weston says:

Many years ago, my husband and I lived across the street from your
    parents. Your Mom was a delight to be around. Every time I bake Colleen’s sugar cookies I think of her. She was always willing to visit
    and give sound advice. Her Christmas letters were legendary in our
    home. She had a way with words and always looked on the bright side.
    I know she has struggled with many health issues and am glad she
    is at rest and with your Dad. They are finally together again and I
    know both are enjoying a blissful reunion.

11. Rick White says:

For approximately 15 years, Colleen and I worked together in the same office at Snow College in Ephraim. During that period, she was my best friend. She was my sounding board, advisor, helper, representative, and confidante. Together we wrestled with College issues and worked to keep the faculty members happy while educating the students and meeting expectations of the administration. We swapped stories about kids and grandkids, and Colleen shared her recipes which Rolayne and I still use and love today. She helped make my every day at Snow even better.

12. Curt and Maureen Lund says:

Cam and Rachael and family. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. So thankful for the beautiful plan of salvation.She is at peace now,with your father. Know that we love you!