Don LaMont Sorensen

7/9/1930 ~ 9/6/2018

SorensenDon002CropSPRING CITY – Don Lamont Sorensen, 88, passed away Thursday, September 6, 2018. Don was born July 9, 1930 to Joseph Lamont and Thelma Watson Sorensen in Spring City, Utah. Don grew up in Spring City and attended school in Spring City and Mount Pleasant. While growing up he helped his dad herd sheep and later became a sheep herder for the town herd. He worked construction and moved to Salt Lake City to work for Interstate Brick. In July, 1951, he was drafted into the US Army and served in Korea for 16 months.
Upon his return he went back to work at Interstate Brick, where he worked 33 years until he retired. He married Shirley Marie Lund of Fountain Green, November 20, 1953. They became the proud parents of four rowdy boys, Steven, Michael, Randy and Gary. On January 26, 1967 they took the four boys to be sealed in the Salt lake Temple. Don liked to be busy and enjoyed many hobbies, fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, mechanics, and loved playing with the grandkids.
After retirement they moved back to Spring City in 1997. They love the mountains, the small town, and the many friends. Don is a member of the VFW Post 9276.
Don is survived by his loving wife Shirley of 64 years, three sons, Steven Sorensen, Spring City, Randy (Danell) Sorensen, South Jordan, Gary Sorensen, North Salt Lake, 7 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren.
Preceded in death by his parents, and son Michael Sorensen.
Services will be held Monday, September 10, 2018, viewing 9:30-10:30am and service at 11:00am, Cedar Creek Ward Building, Spring City, UT. Interment Spring City Cemetery. Online condolence at rasmussenmortuary.com

8 Responses to “Don LaMont Sorensen”

1. Dawn Sterner says:

Spring City has lost a fine man. Don has always been so kind to me whenever I’ve had any contact with him. Shirley, we love you and our thoughts and prayers are continually with you.

2. Cliff and Carole Mott says:

To Shirley and Family,
    Sorry for your loss. I first meet Don 18 years ago while I was working acrossed the street from your home. I felt from that moment Don and I became instant friends. Don told me stories about growing up here in Spring City as a child, which included my family lineage. Occasionally Don would stop by my house on his four wheeler and I often ran into him at the post office and enjoyed many conversations with him. He was a gentleman with a big heart at the highest measure. He will surely be missed.
    Cliff and Carole Mott

3. Mel and Terrie Richins says:

Don was a kind, cheerful, loving man. In particular he was a good friend to us and to our parents Neldon and Colleen Hansen. We are honored to have known such a good man.

4. Bonnie Mellor says:

Dear Shirley,
    I am so sorry for your loss, you and Don were always together and I loved to see the respect you had for each other. He will be missed.
    When we return from our mission I will come and see you. Please accept our sincere condolences,
    Von and Bonnie Mellor

5. David beck says:

so sorry to hear of Dons passing !!!

6. Annette Garduno Bateman says:

Oh Shirley I am so sorry to hear about Don’s passing. You two are the sweetest couple I know. I miss seeing you two in the bank. Great big hugs and kisses to you Shirley…God bless you my dear.

7. Jack and Ruth Benson says:

Shirley and family, so sorry to hear of Don’s passing..we just read this in the obituaries.. We really enjoyed visiting with you and Don when we would see you..usually at grocery store.He will indeed be missed.Always together..you two and always together forever

8. Tim judd says:

Don u was a great friend even through the word of health u has a happy dispositibo full of love and kindnesd i will misd u