Gary S. Giles

3/13/1963 ~ 11/4/2018

GilesGaryCropGary S. Giles, age 55, peacefully passed away at the IMC hosptial in Murray, Utah on November 4, 2018 while surrounded by his loving family. He was born on March 13, 1963 in Heber City, Utah to Stanley and Dianne (Simmons) Giles. He served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Gary married the love of his life, Juanita Thompson on March 29, 1985. They were later sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake City Temple on June 21, 1986. Gary was Juanita’s best friend and soul mate. Together they shared their love for traveling and the great outdoors. He lived the perfect example of Christlike love, and was always willing to help someone in need. His latest love was being a worker in the Manti Temple with his beloved wife. Heaven gained the heart of our family, his loss will be felt by many. He knew how to make everyone around him smile.
Gary is survived by his loving wife Juanita Giles and their 4 children: Crystal (Jerem) Sedgwick, Jessica (Justin) Shepherd, William (Kaylee) Giles, and Dawn Giles, and 9 grandchildren: Audrey, Nellie, Desmond, Ryan, Kestri, Hayley, Evelyn, Oliver, and Chloe. Gary is also survived by his parents Stanley & Dianne Giles, and his siblings: Angela (Eric) Millsap, Julie Wankier, Brian Wankier, Sondra (Earl) Sperry, Catherin (Randy) Dalton, Elizabeth (Kyle) Snider. On Juanita’s side of the family, Gary is survived by his father-in-law Edgar (Donna) Thompson, and Juanita’s siblings: Tom (Lisa) Thompson, Wes (Erin) Thompson, Janelle (Jordan) Schumacher. He leaves behind many more family members and friends who love and adore him. He is preceded in death by his mother-in-law, Carole Thompson; brother-in-law Gary Thompson; grandparents Wayne & Nellie Simmons, and Earl & Ruby Giles.
We would like to extend our most heartfelt gratitude to the many doctors, nurses and other medical staff who cared for Gary and carried us through this most difficult time.
Funeral services Saturday Nov. 10, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. in the Moroni Stake Center, Viewings Friday from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 to 10:30a.m. prior to services both at the church. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to: www.gofundme.com/gary-giles-medical-and-funeral-cost

9 Responses to “Gary S. Giles”

1. Coy Cox says:

I have worked with Gary for many years at Weir in Salt Lake
    He has always been very dependable honest and hard working. He was far more than just our forklift repair man, I also considered him a friend. He will be greatly missed. All of my love and prayers go out to his wife and family.

2. Augie Leonard says:

My Sincere Condolences to Gary’s family and friends. He was a great guy, and will be missed.

3. Emilee Kuchenmeister says:

I’m just saddened by the loss of Gary. He was always such a pleasure to speak with. I will sincerely miss him. My thoughts and prays will be with your family.

4. Steve Norcross says:

I have known Gary for 20 plus years as a business associate and a friend but more like an older brother. So many ways to describe him…honest, dependable,integrity, hard working, selfless, servant, wise, husband, father, grandfather….and many more. As I was sitting on top of a mountain in the High Uintahs doing one of the things Gary loved to do, muzzleloader elk hunting, I got the news. I will miss those times we hunted together, the talks we had in my office whether it was business or just those talks we commonly had Gary loved to talk). He never judged anyone and was someone I really admired and looked up to. He loved Juanita (or “Boss” as I commonly heard him refer to her) and his family dearly. I will miss him as I am sure anyone that new him will. My condolences to Juanita and family.

5. Vivian Taylor says:

I was very saddened to hear of Gary’s passing. It was always a pleasure to greet Gary and Juanita at church each Sunday and I missed them when I was moved to another Ward. My love goes out to Juanita and her family. I will miss Gary.

6. BroBear says:

Taught a Sunday School class with Gary for a couple of years. I learned to love and admire him. I will miss his smile, and the stories he would tell. He loved the outdoors and could share that with you in a minute. He told me about the deer that he killed when he was a youth, and how he loved to live in a log cabin. The beauty of his love for and friendship with Juanita was wonderful to watch. He was a good example, oh, that I could be half the man that he was. We will miss you Brother Giles, Love, BroBear

7. Robert Jenkins says:

I have known Gary for 20+ years. I will dearly miss him as a friend and as a business associate. He was always there when I needed him and l will miss our talks about work,family and life. He loved his family dearly and was a hard working man. His integrity and williness to help others was second to none. I will remember him and how he has affected my life. My prayers and condolences our with you Juanita and family

8. Paula Jorgenson says:

So sorry to hear about Gary. I’m on vacation and will miss the service. Really enjoyed working with Gary in the third ward. He will be missed. May God bless you.

9. Amy Larsen says:

Juanita and family, I’m sad for the loss of the loss of your precious Gary. While I didn’t know him very well, I really liked him. He always had a smile for me when I did see him. (Even if there was bad news.)