Victor Floyd Monroe

8/25/1943 ~ 11/04/2018

MonoreVictorCropIt is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of our beloved husband, devoted father, grandfather and friend.
Vic unexpectedly passed away peacefully in his sleep on November 4, 2018 at his home where he and Sandy raised their family.
He was born August 25,1943 in Fillmore, UT, to Merlin and Loraine Monroe. Vic was raised in Scipio, Ut., attended and graduated from Millard High School where he excelled in football and wrestling. He became an allstate football player and a state champion wrestler. He went on to play college football at CSU, but always said it was never as good as playing for the Millard Eagles! His love of sports continued throughout his life following his boys and his grandchildren to the far corners of the state.
In 1967, while attending USU, he was drafted into the United States Army and served a tour of duty in Viet Nam. After being honorably discharged, he returned home to work on the family farm and ranch with his father and brother.
In the fall of 1970, he met his future wife, which he says was the luckiest moment in his life. Vic and Sandy were married in the Manti Temple on August 21, 1971 for time and all eternity. Even though Sandy was a city girl, she grew to love Scipio and the life of a farmers wife!
In 1974, when his dad retired, he and his brother took over the family farm and ranch. They worked hard and expanded their farm and cattle operation. It proved to be a wonderful way of life for Vic and Sandy to raise their four sons and a great nephew who became a part of their family. While working hard to make a living, Vic was privileged to serve in the many capacities; Scipio Town Council and Mayor, Millard County Jr. Livestock Show board and president, Scipio Irrigation board, Elders quorum president and Scipio Ward Bishopric.
On December 9, 2009, Vic had a wrestling match with a tractor and bale feeder loaded with 8 half-ton bales that nearly cost him his life. He spent 6 weeks at Utah Valley Hospital in the ICU, 3 weeks in the Intermediate Care, and then on to rehab.
As a family, we are so thankful for the miracle that allowed us to have 9 more precious years with dad in our lives. During these 9 years, Vic and Sandy continued to make many more treasured memories while traveling and enjoying family and friends.
Vic was a devoted member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, serving in what ever capacity he was called. He especially loved serving in the Manti Temple with his eternal companion, where they had many special spiritual experiences together.

Vic is survived by his loving wife Sandy, Scipio UT. His four sons, Shane Victor (Janette) Monroe, Santaquin UT; Andrew George (Tahnee) Monroe, Scipio UT; Tyler James (Kimberly) Monroe, Monroe UT; Bryce Lundy (Amber) Monroe, Scipio UT; and consider Brandon Blaine (Nathalie) Davis of Cedar City, UT as one of their own; 18 grandchildren and Sister-in-Law Evelyn Monroe, Scipio UT
Preceded in death by his parents, Sisters, Juanna Davis and Ione Monroe; Brother Vernon Monroe; brother-in-law Blaine Davis and grandson Axel Victor Monroe.
Funeral services will be held Saturday November 10, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. in the Scipio Ward Chapel. Viewings will be held Friday November 9, 2018 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. prior to services both at the church. Interment in the Scipio Cemetery with Military Honors.

15 Responses to “Victor Floyd Monroe”

1. Diane Ouzounian says:

Sandy, Shane, Andy, Tyler, Bryce and Brandon. My heart is sadden by this news. Wishing you all peace to bring comfort and the courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to hold forever in your hearts.

Love Mark and Diane

2. KIRK AND ANNETTE BREDSGUARD says:

We are so sorry to hear about Vic. He was one of our favorite farmers and also a great friend. We will truly miss him.

3. Samuel Curtis says:

Vic Monroe is such a good guy, I’m so glad to have known him. God bless.

4. LaRee And Mark Stephenson says:

Was so sorry to hear of Vic’s death. They don’t come any better than this good man. May your family be blessed during this difficult time and may the memories you have strengthen you in the days ahead. We were proud to call Vic our friend. Much love to all.

5. Doug & Christie Court says:

Christie and I were so saddened to learn of Vic’s passing. Wednesday mornings at the Manti Temple baptistry will never be the same. All our love and best wishes to Sandy and the entire Monroe Family. May our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, bless and comfort you in your time of mourning.

6. Diana Cowan says:

Sandy,

I’m so sorry to hear of the passing of such a sweet, gentle giant. I feel privileged I got the chance to know Vic through working at the hospital admitting desk. He always made our day when we got to see him

7. Diana Cowan says:

He was definitely one of a kind and will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

8. Gene and Lorie Brinkerhoff says:

What a surprise this was. Vic was a good friend and we thought of him as family. May our Father in Heaven hold all of you close at this sad time. Sending love, prayers and comfort to all of you.

9. Lynn &Terry Perkins says:

To Sandy and all your handsome Monroe sons,
    Lynn and I rejoice that we have had such a friend as your husband and father. We admired and respect his integrity and devotion to you Sandy and all his boys. We love you sincerely and pray you will be able to feel always the sweet warmth of his loving memories he has left you.

10. David & Janet McMullin says:

To all the Monroe family, We were so sad to hear of Vic’s passing, we fill fortunate to have met Vic and Sandy through Shane, and what a wonderful family you have! We have fond memories from the SFW banquets at Brice Canyon, Vic and Sandy made it so much fun and treated us like
    family! May you all find peace and comfort in the memories you all share of time’s spent with your dad. Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.

11. Jim and Jolynn Blodgett says:

Sandy, we are so sorry to hear about Vic. We think so much of you both and loved working in the temple with you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We know your strong testimony of the Gospel will be a great comfort to you in the days to come.
    Love you, Jim and Jolynn Blodgett

12. Blair Cropper says:

I am so sorry to hear that Vic passed away, he was one of the nicest person I have ever had the pleasure of working with
    Please let me know if you need anything

13. McKinley Page or Sister Page says:

I am heartbroken hearing this news. When I went to the temple on Wednesday and heard what happened I was shocked and so heartbroken. I want you, Sister Monroe, to know that Brother Monroe was a huge example to me of kindness and love. I always left the Manti temple with a huge smile on my face and a thankful heart. I was so blessed to have known Brother Monroe for the time I did. I will never forget him. You and your family are in my prayers at this time! Much love,

Sister Page

14. Dear Sandy and Family, I’m so sorry for your loss. You and your family helped me and my family during my loss of Johnny. You are a wonderful friend and I’m so thankful for you. Vic will be missed my prayers are coming your way. Your Savior loves you stay close to him and he will bless and comfort you and your family. Lots of love, Chris Monsen Barney

15. Kenny & Connie Mortensen says:

We were so shocked to hear the passing of Vic.What a pleasure it was to have known him through stockshows, wrestling and wherever we whould run into him and you Sandy. Our love and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. May the blessings of the gospel comfort you all. Love, Kenny & Connie Mortensen