Travis Michael Olsen

9/21/1985 ~ 11/27/2018

OlsenTravisCropTravis Michael Olsen, 33, passed away unexpectedly November 27, 2018 while working. He was the firstborn of 5 children to Michael and Margo Olsen September 21, 1985 in Mt. Pleasant, where he was raised.

Travis followed his dad around with a hammer and learned as much as he could as young as he could. He was a natural-born entrepreneur and builder. He built a multi-room chicken coop at age 10 and, using his mom’s tennis racket, ran his own profitable seeding business before he was a teenager. He completed his first taxidermy project at age 12–a pheasant he had hatched and raised himself. He was first formally employed at age 14, when he started riding his 4-wheeler to Bear Mountain to work.

In high school, Travis was active in the FFA. His team took state and traveled to nationals in Oklahoma City for Rangeland Judging. He earned the rank of Eagle Scout and he graduated from North Sanpete High in 2004. He served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Honduras, Belize, El Salvador, and Guatemala.

Travis was married and sealed to the love and light of his life, Bree Anne Duncan, in the Manti LDS Temple on July 27, 2007. He was her rock, her “calm to my crazy,” her everything.

Travis earned his A.S. degree from Snow College and a B.S. degree from Utah State University in Business Management. Already a successful businessman, he made it official by graduating in 2010. He owned and operated Double T Lawn Care and Divine Edge Property Management with his brother Tyler.

Travis built and landscaped his own home. He could build or fix anything. If he didn’t know how, he figured it out.

Travis loved to travel with Bree. They most recently visited Iceland, Holland, and Belgium. When he wasn’t with Bree, he was hunting. To say he was a lifelong avid hunter would be an understatement.

Travis had a carefree, easy-going personality and got along with everyone. He didn’t have anything bad to say about anyone and had no enemies or grudges. He will be deeply missed by his family, friends, neighbors, and all who knew him.

He is survived by his wife, “son”/dog Batman and parents all of Mt. Pleasant; sister Megan (Eric) Taylor, Orem; brother Tyler (Lusia) Olsen, Fairview; sister Mailey (Austin) Christensen, Cedar City; brother Tod Olsen, Orem; parents-in-law Keith and Debbie Duncan, Neola; grandmother Maxine Anderson, Fairview; Bree’s siblings; and 17 nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by his grandparents Robert and Beverly Olsen and Gary Anderson, aunts and uncles Eugene Anderson and Peggy and David Samons, and cousin Clint Anderson.

Funeral services held Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. in the Mt. Pleasant North Stake Center (461 N. 300 W.). Viewings will be held Friday, November 30, 2018 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:30-10:30 a.m. prior to services both at the church.
Interment in the Mt. Pleasant City Cemetery under the care of Rasmussen Mortuary.

18 Responses to “Travis Michael Olsen”

1. Scott and Jessica Drew says:

We are so sad to hear of this loss. May God comfort you in this difficult time. I hope you can feel the Lord’s love around you.

2. Shauna says:

May God comfort your family in your loss. God bless!

3. Monica G says:

My condolences to the family . I know this is a very difficult time for you right now and no words can express how sorry I am for your loss. Please remember that God can comfort us. So draw close to God in prayer so He can draw close to you to comfort you and to give you that peace of God that surpasses all understanding Philippians 4:6;7).May Jehovah God grant you guidance, strength at this difficult time.

4. Craig & Jamie says:

We are so sorry to hear of Travis’ passing. It is such a shock for everyone. We are still trying to comprehend that such a thing could happen. It’s hard to imagine the pain and anguish you must be feeling. The next while will be hard, but in time, your knowledge of God’s plan will bring you peace and comfort because you know that you will be with him again someday. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

5. Chris hansen says:

Oh my god this is horrible news. May you find peace in this time. And Travis you are a great man and always have been. I appreciate you and your kindness. God bless you all.

6. Rendall Seely says:

My love and thoughts are with the entire Olsen family at this time. Travis will always be remembered for his heartwarming smile and fun personality.

7. You have our deepest sympathies for the tragic loss of your son!

8. Rhodri says:

I can’t express the heartache I feel for all of you right now. Travis is a great man and will be missed here on earth. May the love of Christ and the hope of His resurrection give you and all of us peace and comfort in this difficult time. The Olsen family is eternal and will all be together again! I love you all and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you!

9. Becca Proper says:

I’m so sorry to hear about your husband. Know you are loved and in my thoughts and prayers. May you be comforted at this time.

10. Richard Lamb says:

I’m so sorry for your loss. Travis was a dear friend of mine and I trusted him implicitly. I will miss his smile and cheerfulness. Your family is in my prayers and thoughts. May Christ’s love bring you peace and comfort at this troubling time. God bless your family.

11. Becky Rasmussen says:

So sorry to hear about Travis it is a shock. Still can not believe it. Bree and the rest of the family my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. He will really be missed. He was such s wonderful hardworking guy and always cared about everyone else. He is loved and will be missed. With sympathy love Aunt Becky

12. Millie Petersen/Laura Phelps says:

We are so sorry for your loss. Travis and his brother, (Tyler)make our home look beautiful!!! We will miss his positive and happy presence in our little community!! Strength and love to his family at this hard time. God bless you!

13. Diane Gardner says:

Our hearts are breaking for you and your family. May you find peace in knowing that this is not the end. My Heavenly Father wrap his arms around you. Courage.

14. Brent Farley says:

Surprised and saddened to hear of Travis’ loss. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

15. Brandon and Britney Jolley says:

We are so saddened to hear of Travis’ passing. Bree, please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. May you feel our Savior’s loving arms around you at this difficult time.

16. Connie Ames says:

So very sad that Travis was called home at such a young age. I am sure that Heavenly Father welcomed him with open arms and a list of jobs for him to do. The Christmas season is an especially hard time to have our loved ones leave us. I know that he will be missed every single day until that glorious time when you are reunited. He accomplished so much in his short life. Please know that my love and prayers are with your family. May you be comforted with our Savior’s love.

17. Sylvia O Kralik says:

Michael, Margo, and Bree,
    I just found out last night about Travis’ death. I am so sorry to hear about this heartbreaking news. My heart and spirit are with you. May the Savior’s love and comfort surround you at this difficult time. How much you loved him; how he blessed your lives. Travis will watch over you as you are moving forward. My thoughts are with you.
    Sylvia

18. Judy Ames says:

No words can be said at this time to comfort you and your family. As your ex neighbors from across the road we send our condolences..