Marie Howard Sanders

SandersMarieMarie Howard Sanders, 87 years old went Home for Christmas to be with her husband Deon J Sanders. They were sealed in the Logan Temple August 23, 1950. They were separated by death on Jan 10, 2009 and are now together for eternity. She is reunited with her Parents Owen Thomas Howard and Rachel Ellis Howard, sister Margarie Howard Manning, brothers Steven and Ellis Howard, grandson Glen Van Beveren III and great grandson baby Eli Landon Hunter. She is survived by her six children and their spouses; Ronald Deon Sanders (Susan), Calvin Kent Sanders (MaryAnn), Marlene Van Beveren (Glen), Kent Lyn Sanders (Phil), Lorin Howard Sanders (Christina), Lois Lawson (Don), 20 grandchildren, 44 great-grandchildren and an extended family of many. She is also survived by her brothers Clarence Howard (Arlene), David Howard (Karen) and sister Nora Larson (Keith/deceased).

Marie had so many interests…sewing, quilting, crocheting, cooking and canning food, family history, singing. She loved her family, service to others, the Temple and Her Lord and Savior. She was and will always be the glue that holds this family together. She will be sorely missed.

Viewing is scheduled for Friday Jan 4, 2019 from 9:00am to 10:30am. Funeral services at 11:00am at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 2401 E Tonopah Ave, N Las Vegas NV 89030. Internment Saturday January 5, 2019 at 11:00am Fairview City Cemetery, Fairview UT. Online condolence at rasmussenmortuary.com

11 Responses to “Marie Howard Sanders”

1. The Llort Family says:

Our deepest condolences. May peace and comfort find you during this difficult time.

2. Mary Herrera says:

I’m so sorry for your family’s loss she was and amazing women my thoughts and prayers are with your family during this hard time

3. Astrid Estrada says:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family she was a kind hearted women she will be deeply missed

4. Hernandez family says:

To the Sanders family:

She was a grand lady with a kindred spirit. Sister Sanders touched everyone’s soul she came in contact with. I am so saddened by this loss.

We will truly miss her loving and warm smile.

5. Charlotte Long Woolsey says:

I have known Marie for about 65 years and there is not enough space to write how she has influenced my life. She will be missed so much by so many. I am so happy for her to be with her sweetheart but I am sad for our loss. She will always be a bright light in my memory.

6. DALE & NEDRA PETERSON says:

Our most sincere Sympathy to your family. Such a sweet and loving daughter of God. Remember always her wisdom and example and you will all see her again. Our prayers are with you all

7. Ruth Ann & Bryan Shelley says:

Ron and family,
    We are sorry to hear of your mothers passing. She was a special lady. Spent many of a time talking about her with you.
    We know that she will be missed. Our love to you all.

8. Charlotte Folkman Olsen Ayres says:

Marie and Deon have been influencing my life for many, many years. What a joy for Marie to be reunited with Deon for Christmas. An exemplary lady in so many ways, talented and willing to share with everyone. She will be missed by all who knew her.

9. LuDean Day says:

Oh my, I just happened to be looking this morning to see when a friends service is today and here was Marie’s obituary! I am so thankful to know. I must get in touch with family members.
    Marie was the one who inspired us with family history. Her picture looks so much like her mother, Aunt Rachel. I would love to be able to be in Fairview next Saturday. Will see what happens. My love to all of the family.

10. Nancy Cormier says:

I’m so sorry to hear about Marie. I think about all of you often. May you be filled with the blessings of peace and comfort. She was a great inspiration.

11. Soliz family says:

She was the best women i ever met i love seeing her love how she lights the room. I love how she didn’t let anything stop. Her i remember when we went to the conference in july her singing i will truly miss and see her at church may she find peace and she will be truly missed. For the short time i known her feels like i known her my whole life.