George Earldean Anderson

August 9, 1935 ~ December 28, 2018

George_Earldean_AndersonGeorge Earldean Anderson, 83, of Mt. Pleasant, Utah passed away at his home December 28, 2018. He was born August 9, 1935, to the late Lewis Mads Anderson and Ida Leota Andersen. He attended school in Mt. Pleasant and graduated from North Sanpete High School in 1953.

Earldean served two years, 1955-1957, in the California Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He married Linda Peel on October 26, 1957, in the Manti Utah Temple. She preceded him in death on January 13, 1993.

He was a lifelong farmer, loved family, the mountains, serving others and being on the farm. He was a high school custodian and enjoyed interactions with hundreds of students. He also co-owned and operated Earldean’s Market in Mt. Pleasant. He was an active member of the Church and served in various capacities, some of which included Young Men President, counselor in the Bishopric, and Ward Clerk. His passion was the youth of the Church, and he was instrumental in helping many young men earn their Eagle Scout Award.

He is survived by his children, Lynette (David) Bartholomew, Springville, Utah; Heidi (David) Simpson, Lehi, Utah; Joe (Lorie) Anderson, South Jordan, Utah; Paula (Carl) Wright, Mt. Pleasant, Utah and Nate (Kimberli) Anderson, Tucson, Arizona; 19 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren. He is also survived by two brothers, Peter and Jerry, of Mt. Pleasant, and one sister, Becky, of Midvale. He was preceded in death by 1 brother, Blain and 2 sisters, Beverly and Luasene and 1 grandson.

Funeral services will be held Saturday, January 5, 2019, at noon in the Mt. Pleasant 1st Ward chapel, located at 460 North 300 West, Mt. Pleasant, Utah. A visitation will be held the same day from 10 am-11:30 am. Interment will be in the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to the Church Missionary Fund.

11 Responses to “George Earldean Anderson”

1. Terry Johansen says:

Earldean was a good man…a good honest worker like his dad…May the Lord Bless his family at this time…..

2. Todd Caldwell says:

My prayers to the family. He was as good as they come. I enjoyed the small talks I shared with him. Happy he is reunited with his wife. God bless

3. Anonymous says:

He was truly a good guy we have all lost a wonderful friend

4. Alana Whitaker says:

Earldean was a good friend. When we had our little farm in Mt Pleasant he was very generous with us. He always let us brand our cows at his corals. Love his smile

5. I’m so sorry to hear about Earldean. He was the janitor up to the high school when I was in school. Such a nice man. I enjoyed talking to him in the stores. He always remembered the students that went to school. I will always remember his kindness and fun stories he would share. Truly a great man, sorry to the family for your loss.

6. Becky Rasmussen says:

So sorry he was a great brother. He will be missed. Love and prayers go to his children love him miss him love Becky

7. The Thorntons and Bradys says:

Daddy Dean to our family. Oh low we love him. Our prayers are with the family. It has been a long time since he has been with his beloved Linda so how happy they must together be. We love the family so much and regret that we cannot be here for the funeral. Love from all the Brady Bunch
    and the Thorntons. Love Jim and Donnalee

8. What a neat man. So friendly to everyone. We will miss him and his friendly smile, Our sympathy
    Is with his family.

9. Connie Ames says:

I “SALUTE” this great friend for a life well lived. He was a hard worker, and always willing to lend a hand at the farm. I am happy that he is with his sweetheart again. I send my love and sympathy to all of his family. Love, Connie

10. Jim Berlin says:

Earkdean was a friend for as as long as I knew him. Whenever we talked it was a bright spot in my day. Shopping in his store was always a pleasure. Best to you Earldaen and may we meet again in the future. You are one of a kind.

11. LuAnn Weaver says:

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet dad. I have happy childhood memories of your family. I know that he will be dearly missed. I send my love to you all. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish that I could attend the funeral, but I am not able to. I will be thinking of you!