Connie Louise Mower

2/15/1954 ~ 3/20/2019

MowerConnieCropIt is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Connie L. Mower on March 20, 2019, after a courageous battle with many health issues. Connie leaves behind her parents, Dr. Roland D. and Nona IvaLee Mower; sisters: Carol Clawson, South Jordan, UT and Christi Edwards (Brad), Chino Valley, AZ; brothers: Roland Mower (Charlotte Yochem), Medina, TX and Richard Mower (Tina), Bismarck, ND. She also leaves behind 70 nieces and nephews living in UT, AZ, TX, ND, and VA as well as many loved relatives and friends throughout the world.
Connie’s journey through life was full of adventure. She was born in Salt Lake City, UT on February 15, 1954. Her early childhood and school years were spent moving from Air Force bases starting in GA, OK, TX, CO, UT, KS, and OH.
After graduating from Stebbins High School in Mad River, OH in June of 1972, she attended Wright State studying journalism and photography. Connie started her next adventure at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, UT and obtained her undergraduate degree, a BA Journalism, in June 1976 and then continued through June 1980 to obtain her Juris Doctorate.
Being an attorney was her passion for the rest of her law career. Connie was a public defender, public prosecutor, and finally ended her career as a Guardian ad Litem for the Utah Division of Child and Family Services at the offices in Price and then Manti, UT.
Outside of her law career, Connie’s adventures and hobbies included dancing (ballet/toe and tap), traveling, white water rafting, fishing, gardening, canning, and cooking. Connie was the caregiver for her parents and helped them run their gentleman’s farm raising llama, emu, rabbits, sheep, peacocks, and guinea hens. She was notorious for being the social director for family events, outings, and parties, in and out of the state. Connie was an avid reader and life-long learner.
A celebration of her life and our final earthly goodbye will take place Saturday, March 30, 2019 at 11:00 am at the Latter-day Saint meetinghouse, 122 South State Street, Fairview, UT, with a viewing prior to the service from 9:30 am-10:30 am. The first of the two viewings will be on Friday, March 29, 2019 from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm at Rasmussen Mortuary at 96 North 100 West, Mt. Pleasant, UT. Online condolence at rasmussenmortuary.com

8 Responses to “Connie Louise Mower”

1. Judge Craig Bunnell says:

I had the privilege of working with Connie for many years, primarily in the juvenile court/child welfare arena. Connie was a zealous and dedicated and strong attorney-advocate for the safety and well-being of vulnerable children and youth. Connie was intelligent and articulate and she genuinely cared for those whom she served and worked with. Though seemingly gruff and tough on the outside, she would occasionally let you see her soft heart and her own vulnerability. Connie had a great sense of humor and her boisterous laugh was as funny as her jokes or sarcasm. She was a wonderful person, who changed the lives of and a joy to be around and work with.

2. Judge Craig Bunnell says:

I had the privilege of working with Connie for many years, primarily in the juvenile court/child welfare arena. Connie was a strong, dedicated, and effective attorney-advocate for the safety and well-being of vulnerable children and youth. Connie was intelligent and articulate and she genuinely cared for those whom she served and worked with. Though seemingly gruff and tough on the outside, she would occasionally let you see her soft heart and her own vulnerability. Connie had a great sense of humor and her boisterous laugh was as funny as her jokes or sarcasm. She was a wonderful person, who changed the lives of so many people for good, and a joy to be around and work with.

3. Judge Johansen says:

Connie was my right arm for many years in her service as Guardian Ad Litem for countless abused children. I relied heavily upon her wisdom and experience as I sought advice about how to do right by the children we were called to serve. As a trial attorney, she had better command of the law and the rules than most of the attorneys who appeared before the court in Seventh District. Her dedication and integrity were unassailable. I counted her as a friend and esteemed colleague.

4. Dawn Sterner says:

Connie will be missed! I’m sure she’s planning the next big family event! She loved traveling to visit family. She was a caring and compassionate person. I’m glad to have called her my friend.

5. Lisa Moody Johnson says:

So respected and admired for the love you shared with the many lives you touched. As family, we were richly blessed to have you. I know we will have that great family reunion again one day and what a glorious day that will be. But until then, know that though you are gone too soon, you will not be forgotten. Sending love to all our family as you gather to celebrate the life and homecoming of Connie.

6. Karen Sampson Rhynsburger says:

Connie was a very special person and friend. She was always willing to help anyway she could. Even though it has been many years since we were roommates, when she was attending the U, I will always remember Connie’s exuberance for life! She will be missed. my deepest sympathy to her family and friends.

7. Helen Buzianis says:

My heartfelt condolences to Connie’s family. Connie and I were roommates when she was going to the University of Utah, we had many fun and crazy times together and I will always cherish those memories.

8. Kristine Wimmer Berg says:

I met Connie year’s ago through mutual friends. We were close enough that she was there when my son was being born. It was bittersweet reading her obituary on my son’s birthday. Lots of fun memories. I will definitely miss her.