Earl Reese Hodson

6-22-1943 ~ 4-13-2019

HodsonEarlCropEarl Reese Hodson, 75 of Ephraim, passed away April 13, 2019. Returning home into the loving arms of his beloved wife Kathleen Irving Hodson. Earl was born June 22, 1943 to the parents of LeRoy A. Hodson and Iva Phillips of Springville, Utah. He married the love of his life Kathleen Irving July 7th 1962 in the Chester LDS ward chapel. Later sealed in the Manti LDS Temple. They made their home in Ephraim where they had three beautiful children.
Earl worked as an auto body mechanic, inspiring the younger generation with his skills and wisdom. After his early retirement, he found his new hobby which he will forever be known, his wood work. He made the most precious pieces that if you have any, you will cherish forever.
Earl is survived by his three children, Dena Lin Hodson, of Ephraim; Iva Fenstermaker (Bill) of Taylorsville; Rodney Earl Hodson (Jolynn) of Manti; Max Hodson (Renon) of Cedar City; Wayne Hodson (Gayle) of Sandy; grandchildren, Nicholas, Christina, Brock, Brayden, Rilee, Maclayne, and Jacee. He had 8 great grandchildren. He is preceded in death by his wife, parents, and three brothers.
Funeral services will be held Friday, April 19, 2019 at 12:00 noon in the Ephraim 1st Ward Chapel (450 North 200 South). Viewings will be held Thursday, April 18, 2019 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. and again Friday, April 19, 2019 from 10:30 -11:30 a.m. both at the church. Interment in the Spring City Cemetery. Online condolence rasmussenmortuary.com

7 Responses to “Earl Reese Hodson”

1. Crystal Bergman says:

Hugs and love to you. I will miss him greatly.

2. Kriss & John says:

Rodney and family it is with deepest sympathy I send this to your family. Prayers are with you take care

3. junior Robison says:

I am so sorry for your lose our prayers are with all of you at this time.

4. Dawn Sterner says:

Earl was always one of my favorite people of visit with. I’ve enjoyed his friendship over the years. I know how much he missed Kathleen and know they’re having a great reunion now. My condolences to each of you.

5. My condolences to the family. I have not seen Earl in several years but he was a great person. As we were growing up I spent time with him while he was working at Dewys auto service station. I know that the missed Kathy very much. It is great that they are now together again.

6. Michelle Martin says:

I’m so glad we got to see him when we came down in 2017. We will miss his wit and laughter, the love he gave everyone who came into his home, and his love of sharing his woodworking projects. I am happy that we bought some of his beautiful baskets and pictures for us and each of our kids. They have a wonderful memory of him to cherish. Love you and will hug you all when we see you next.

7. Stuart and Rebecca Hodson says:

We are so sorry to hear of our dear uncles passing. Please know that you are in our hearts,our thoughts, and our prayers. We will miss you Uncle Earl.