Lynn Wilson

7/1/1948 ~ 6/20/2019

Lynn Military (2)Lynn smile2On June 20, 2019, the Wilson family had their last cup of morning coffee with “The Old Man” before he passed away peacefully at his home in Ephraim. Lynn was never one to brag about his accomplishments so we’re including the following, which is what we thought he’d like to be remembered for.
He was a son, a brother, a husband, a father, an uncle, and a friend, but in his last years he was simply known as “Grandpa”. His 12 Grandchildren and 2 Great-Grandchildren were his whole world to him. One of his last acts to his four youngest granddaughters was to give each of them a junior mint that he had hidden in his hands, one of his favorite games to play with them.
He volunteered to serve his country in Vietnam and became a lifetime supporter of Veterans or anyone in need, often opening his home or offering rides to anyone in need of a hand up. He continued serving the community after his discharge from the military as a Law Enforcement officer and as a volunteer for the Sanpete County Search & Rescue. He considered himself a “compassionate” police officer, usually choosing the friendly approach before writing a citation. He earned a great deal of respect from people in Sanpete County, young and old alike for doing so.
He was married to Sherri Wilson for 40 years. They shared a great deal of time together camping, driving in the mountains in the old Bronco, fishing, attending Search & Rescue Conventions, and keeping their yard in order. Lynn also had many passions of his own, including his dogs, music, collecting records, collecting antique books, yard sales, old b&w movies, not watching a Nascar race until the last lap, and visiting with anybody that stopped by, and replacing any American flag he saw flying that looked a little worse for wear.
He will be missed by many and remembered by all.
Survived by wife, Sherri; Children: Patricia (Derek) Walk, Andrea (Brett) Ostler, Grant (Elizabeth) Wilson, Timothy (Jessica) Wilson. Brothers and Sisters: Loren, Linda, Lucinda, Larry, Lorraine, and Louise.
Preceded in death by parents, Terry & Lucille Jensen.
An Honor Guard ceremony will be held on July 27 at 11:00am at the Fountain Green Cemetery. Following that will be a Celebrate and Remember luncheon at the Fountain Green City Park. All are invited to attend.
In lieu of flowers, the Wilson family has asked that you make a donation to the Children’s Justice Center in Ephraim, Utah, or buy an Angel from the Angel Tree at Jensen’s Department Store in Manti, Utah.
Online Guest book at www.rasmussenmortuary.com

10 Responses to “Lynn Wilson”

1. David and Karla Jones says:

We are so very sorry for your loss. You all are in our thoughts and prayers.
    We love you
    David & Karla

2. Christine Barron says:

I am so very sorry for this families loss. Lynn was my mother and myself’s neighbor for 15 years and was the most giving person I knew. I am honored and blessed to have known him and have him in our lives. You will be missed
    Love you, Chris

3. Dear Sherri and family, Kay and I were so sad to hear of Lynn’s passing. We have very fond memories of Lynn. I ran out of gas at the land fill and called on the dispatch radio (before cel phone) Lynn arrived with some gas for me. We had a lot of laughs over that one! What a great man and family he has. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love Kay and Cindy Larsen

4. Nathaniel DenHartog says:

What a beautiful tribute this is to Lynn,for a life lived in fullness and service to others and family. I am honored to have Lynn as my oldest brother-in-law. I look forward to being there with everyone to celebrate his life on the 27th.

5. Jim Berlin says:

I wish the best for the Wilson family as hiss passing is a lost friend that will be an empty spot in our hearts. We all have memories of Lynn that are numerous and I encourage you to share them with others and his spirit will live on.
    R.I.P. Lynn

6. Deborah Dahl says:

Lynn is a wonderful man! He will be truly missed by everyone. He had a wonderful heart and soul. God Bless family!

7. Julianne Hudson says:

Dear Wilson family – We are so sorry to hear of Lynn passing. Your in our thoughts and prayers

8. holly johansen says:

I worked with Lynn at auto meter in Ephraim many years ago, I was very sad to hear of his passing from my mom. My condolences to the family. He was a really good guy.

9. Kriss & John Bailey says:

Dear Family it is with a heavy heart that we learn about Donald’s passing. ,Ayers God rap his arms around all of you at this time of sorrow

10. Kriss & John Bailey says:

Dear Family it is with a heavy heart that we learn about Donald’s passing. Prayers are sent you way. May God rap his arms around all of you at this time of sorrow. God bless